: PCM P1153: 02 Sensor Insufficient Switching, PLEASE HELP

Eldorado_RED
01-08-05, 01:05 AM
Hey guy, how are yall doing? I changed the o2 sensor for this error
PCM P0139 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 2
a few days ago and passed the emissions today. But as i was driving home tonight i got this error, which i dont have a clue about, can someone please tell me where its located and what to do. Thanks in advance.

P1153 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Insufficient Switching Bank 2 Sensor 1

mcowden
01-08-05, 10:35 AM
No need for duplicate posts! Here's the same answer:

Sure enough, that's what the code means. Bank 2 sensor 1 is the sensor in the manifold for the front bank of cylinders. It's also changed out fairly easily by jacking up and safely supporting the front of the car and looking just behind and above the radiator support toward the driver side of the car. Same procedure. Use the O2 sensor socket you already bought or borrowed. Disconnect the harness, unscrew the sucker, screw the new one in there, reconnect the harness, ensure the wiring is routed properly so as not to come into contact with the manifold (using whatever clips may be provided for such purpose), done! I think the Bosch part number for the front sensors is 13-474. AutoZone carries it around here for $65, and you can borrow the socket from them for a fully-refundable $15 deposit.

Sounds like the sensors are giving out on you. Sometimes they all go out about the same time, sometimes one fails and they're all fine for another 20k miles. They aren't bad, O2 sensors are a normal maintenance part. They don't last forever and weren't designed to, so it's not like you got a lemon or anything. It happens.

Anyway, that should fix you right up. Let me know how it goes.

M C
:cheers: