: Power Slot rotors are junk-you are on your own at 90 days

Richard MacGregor
03-29-13, 06:52 PM
Dear guys and Girls,

I bought Power Slot rotors from AutoAnything about 8 months ago. I did this because the rotors on my car got lumpy and I didn't want a turned down rotor on my warranted car.

I sprung big money for the much taughted Power Slot rotor from AutoAnything. Eight months later, I had problems with them and they say, "these rotors are guaranteed 90 days, sorry" .

So here you have it, spend 3 times as much for what is advertised as a technologically superior rotor and they are just as worthless as the cheapest rotor you can buy. From day one, these rotors (which worked great on my Acura TL and Chevy HHR) were noisy and rough. In hindsight, I should have returned them immediately due to their poor 90 day warranty period. Something about those slots and air makes them noisy and rough, it is not good on a Cadillac, perhaps a tuner car it is okay.

Do not waste your money on these Power Slot Rotors............they cost 3 times as much as anything else and still have the same short 90 day warranty. I asked AutoAnything nicely at 8 months, if I had options. You end up on your own with no come back policy. I'm very disappointed and will depend on truthful forums as this one to advise me of what is hype and what really works. These products, my friends are junk.

I could have bought a much cheaper rotor and had a much better warranty, I now realize. Don't waste your good money on high priced parts from 2 companies who won't back them up; they're no better than garden variety parts, they just cost a bunch more. Hate to say it, but they are a rip-off.

QuickRick

reciprocity
04-01-13, 12:33 PM
Thanks for sharing your feedback. Good to know.

Michael_atDell
04-01-13, 08:36 PM
EBC 3GDS are crap too... Same story, except 6 month warranty. Got hot under street driving, warped, heat fractures, had them turned once; now they need it again. I'm even using EBC RedStuff pads with them... Very disappointed!

CTSCHICK
04-02-13, 04:07 AM
Sounds like failure to research a product to me plenty of places warn of slotted, dimpled and drilled brakes possibly making noise compared to OEM brakes

Note:
One thing to consider before purchasing the EBC Ultimax Rotor is the air noise that may occur while driving. With most slotted rotors there will be an increase in air noise as the rotors pass under the brake pad during normal driving conditions. The EBC Ultimax Rotor was designed to minimize this effect, but still may produce the air noise. Some people like the noise however others may not.

http://ebcrotors.com/p-224-ebc-ultimax-rotors.aspx

Note:
One thing to consider before purchasing the EBC Sport Rotor is the air noise that can be noticed while driving. With most slotted rotors there will be an increase in air noise as the rotors pass under the brake pad during normal driving conditions. Some people like the noise however others may not.

http://ebcrotors.com/p-223-ebc-sport-rotors.aspx

EBC has a 1 year 10,000 mile warranty on pads and rotors not 6 month

http://ebcbrakes.com/about-ebc/warranty/

Michael_atDell
04-02-13, 09:14 AM
I don't care about the noise; I care about the shaking while braking...

OMG
04-02-13, 09:46 AM
Got Raybestos Advanced tech I ordered yesterday morning along with the Power STOP ceramic pads in back and front.

It's too bad Autozone doesn't have the Duralast Golds for our car. Ridiuclous good warranty and they have always served my family well in 5 differnet cars.

HurstGN
04-11-13, 06:33 PM
OMG, watch the Raybestos Advanced Technology rotors VERY CLOSELY!!!! I had a Pontiac with them. Went in for a state inspection and needed brakes, so I did all 4 corners in the Raybestos AT stuff. Passed inspection. 1 year later, back for next inspection, shop says I need new rotors since the current ones have damage that can't be turned out. WTF, so I look. On the inboard side of the rotor, there are rust craters in the rotor surface. Time to replace. Raybestos will not warranty the rotor, so I'm stuck on my own. I get cheap stuff to do the job. When I took off the first rotor, I held it by the center and looked at the back closely. I have no idea why it rusted, but it was rusted and pretty deep, definitely can't cut them to fix this. OK, so I drop the rotor on the floor, outer side facing up, from about 6-8 inches. I work button up this one and go to move the rotor and go to the next wheel. I noticed the rotor looked odd, like it somehow cracked by dropping it. What it was ended up being the surface that the pads ride against just came off the rotor like a skin. WTF?!?!? I have a piece of metal in my hand as thin as a potato ship and as brittle as one too. The surface underneath was rusted and the surface that the pads were rubbing against just flaked off the face of the rotor!!

Needless to say I was po'd to no end. I paid big $ for the best Raybestos made, but ended up wasting my money. The cheap ones I put on...were nickel plated, and lasted over 3 years till I got rid of the car. Never Raybestos for me again.

Ramv
04-13-13, 12:50 PM
I have the Raybestas slotted and drilled rotors on my 3/4 ton. Great upgrade. Stock ones warped on 30k miles. Over 100 k on these with heavy heavy trailer towing miles.

OMG
04-21-13, 01:42 PM
OMG, watch the Raybestos Advanced Technology rotors VERY CLOSELY!!!! I had a Pontiac with them. Went in for a state inspection and needed brakes, so I did all 4 corners in the Raybestos AT stuff. Passed inspection. 1 year later, back for next inspection, shop says I need new rotors since the current ones have damage that can't be turned out. WTF, so I look. On the inboard side of the rotor, there are rust craters in the rotor surface. Time to replace. Raybestos will not warranty the rotor, so I'm stuck on my own. I get cheap stuff to do the job. When I took off the first rotor, I held it by the center and looked at the back closely. I have no idea why it rusted, but it was rusted and pretty deep, definitely can't cut them to fix this. OK, so I drop the rotor on the floor, outer side facing up, from about 6-8 inches. I work button up this one and go to move the rotor and go to the next wheel. I noticed the rotor looked odd, like it somehow cracked by dropping it. What it was ended up being the surface that the pads ride against just came off the rotor like a skin. WTF?!?!? I have a piece of metal in my hand as thin as a potato ship and as brittle as one too. The surface underneath was rusted and the surface that the pads were rubbing against just flaked off the face of the rotor!!

Needless to say I was po'd to no end. I paid big $ for the best Raybestos made, but ended up wasting my money. The cheap ones I put on...were nickel plated, and lasted over 3 years till I got rid of the car. Never Raybestos for me again. Damn, I had good luck with their other stuff in a few other cars. I'll be sure to keep an eye on them. Too late for me to return them already put 500mi's on them. Thanks for the heads up.