: ATS drop kit!!

Y2tony3
03-29-13, 05:38 PM
I am looking to drop my ATS about 1.5" to maybe 2". I can't find a kit anywhere. Has anyone heard or seen a kit out there??

hood101010
03-29-13, 07:56 PM
Nope. Aint one. And I personally am starting to lose my patience...

JSATS
03-30-13, 09:19 AM
I'm going to put a lift kit on mine. I'm planning on doing some off road driving this Summer.

Stevo Supremo
03-30-13, 04:42 PM
I was at the race shop today getting an intake mocked up.. I'm getting a set of Springs custom made by him as well :) PowellYYZ springs, gonna lower it 2" or so but still retain travel, gonna be awesome!!

turbo2.0
03-30-13, 05:23 PM
Pfadt had a great looking set of springs on their ATS, but I don't think they are quite ready for release yet.

Y2tony3
03-31-13, 03:55 AM
Where is this place located? Powellyyz? And how much? And the turn around time for the springs??

Stevo Supremo
03-31-13, 09:47 AM
Where is this place located? Powellyyz? And how much? And the turn around time for the springs??

Well the turn around time is unknown, these will be the first set lol, I'll let a know once they're done.

hood101010
03-31-13, 07:10 PM
Looking forward to pictures and pricing.

jayscaddy
04-05-13, 03:27 PM
Still nothing....:want:

TMAC2000
04-08-13, 02:44 PM
Does any one know what D3 used to lower their ATS? I plan to call them this week to get more info on the mods done to the car in these pictures.

hood101010
04-08-13, 03:04 PM
They used coilovers. I spoke with them in Dec and they told me they were in development and would be ready by the end of Feb. When Feb passes they then said end of March. Well where are they? They are also working on a spring set which they said on Instagram would be a 1 inch drop all around but keep saying "soon". 1 inch is not enough on these cars anyway. I need 1.5 rear and 1.5 - 1.7 front on the fronts with 19 in wheels I have. Eibach also has had springs " in development" for over 3 months now ???

TMAC2000
04-08-13, 06:40 PM
Thanks for tor the info. Where in Tampa are you? I am out in Wesley Chapel/New Tampa.

hood101010
04-08-13, 07:47 PM
Im in Odessa

Y2tony3
04-09-13, 01:25 AM
I spoke to D3 and they use a full coil over system it's already available but takes 4 weeks to build and for $3200... I was like WOWSERS!!!!

----------

I spoke to D3 and they use a full coil over system it's already available but takes 4 weeks to build and for $3200... I was like WOWSERS!!!!

Also the problem with eibach is that the drop kit they are developing is for their "performance spring" model which only drops the car about 0.7 to 1.2 max. If your looking for more of a drop you have to get their "sport line springs" which gives you about a 1.4 to about 1.7 drop but those usually take waayyyyy longer to develop. also it looks like they are developing the springs for the 3.6 awd model and I have a 2.0. I don't know if there's a difference in the springs. Does anyone know? If there is I'm screwed

I have 20's sitting in my garage waiting for a drop kit... I want a drop over 1.5 but at this point I'll take anything over 1. I'm tired of seeing those rims all lonely in the garage

Stevo Supremo
04-09-13, 11:52 AM
I had eibach springs on my cobalt, it dropped the car alot but it didn't retain the "Travel" of my stock springs. Each bump felt like C4 going off under the car.

hood101010
04-09-13, 01:09 PM
Good luck selling $3200 coil overs for a $45k car.

Im hoping H&R releases springs. I have never used H&Rs before but their drop for the CTS is in line with what I need. I have used Eibachs on my prior IS350 and felt the drop was too minimal but the ride quality was pretty good. I had Tein's on my IS-F and loved everything about them.

Any feedback on H&Rs?

jph
04-09-13, 02:47 PM
Any feedback on H&Rs?

i've used a set of H&R springs combined with a set of bilstein sport shocks on my '08 mx5.
*really* liked that combination.

i have high hopes for any spring set that comes out for the ATS, especially since the FE3 shocks seem to be very capable.

does anyone know how much bump travel these shocks have with the stock springs?

J.

Y2tony3
04-09-13, 02:49 PM
Good luck selling $3200 coil overs for a $45k car.

Im hoping H&R releases springs. I have never used H&Rs before but their drop for the CTS is in line with what I need. I have used Eibachs on my prior IS350 and felt the drop was too minimal but the ride quality was pretty good. I had Tein's on my IS-F and loved everything about them.

Any feedback on H&Rs?

I used h&r spring on my 5 series BMW and the ride was awesome! I gave me a drop about an inch. By far The best kit I've had on any one of my cars. The problem is I don't see H&R developing a kit for the ats any time soon.

TMAC2000
04-09-13, 02:51 PM
Im in Odessa
Do you get together with any other owners in the Tampa area?

----------

I used h&r spring on my 5 series BMW and the ride was awesome! I gave me a drop about an inch. By far The best kit I've had on any one of my cars. The problem is I don't see H&R developing a kit for the ats any time soon.
Yeah I had H&R on my BMW M3 and my BMW M5. I really liked them. I typically like coilovers but I am not spending $3200, that is nuts. I am not looking for a full race coilover, I just want to have flexibility on my ride height.

hood101010
04-09-13, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=TMAC2000;3280419]Do you get together with any other owners in the Tampa area?[COLOR="Silver"]

I dont. I have been laying low with the car. Wheel gap drives me CRAZY and I am honestly embarrased how high this car sits with my wheels. I buy a car and within days I put a set of wheels and springs on it. Ive had this car since November and the wheels since Dec.
I would have never thought it would take this long for suspension options.

Y2tony3
04-09-13, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=TMAC2000;3280419]Do you get together with any other owners in the Tampa area?[COLOR="Silver"]

I dont. I have been laying low with the car. Wheel gap drives me CRAZY and I am honestly embarrased how high this car sits with my wheels. I buy a car and within days I put a set of wheels and springs on it. Ive had this car since November and the wheels since Dec.

Hood101010. We share the same curse I have never driven a car stock in my life. I literally drive from the dealership to the rim shop. I started looking for my car in January but was never in a hurry just because I knew there was no drop kit available. I finally decide to buy the car at the end of march just because my broker gave me a deal I couldn't refuse.

I don't know how you've done it these last 5 months having a gap there... I feel your pain. I haven't installed my rims yet I'm going to wait it out. What do you have 19's?

hood101010
04-09-13, 09:17 PM
Gotta have a proper stance....

I went with 19s. I fell in love with the D3 ATS so I ended up getting the Rays 57xtremes in matte black. They sat in my garage for about 3 weeks. I put them on to see how flush they would be and to get a sense of whether I was going with coils or springs. I ended up leaving them on. The car looks bad ass but all I see is wheel gap when I look at it.

Y2tony3
04-09-13, 11:56 PM
Nice looking rims! I was thinking of those but I didn't want mines to look like the D3 ats even though my car is white diamond tri coat. I went with vertini Milano in 20's, I had them powder coated all gloss black(including lip) now I have a feeling its not going to clear the calipers because they have a a fat lip. My wheel guy said they will so we'll see.

How big is your gap between the tire and fender? What size tire are you using?

hood101010
04-10-13, 06:01 AM
Front are 19 x 8.5 and rear are 19 x 9.5
Tires are front 235/35/19 rears are 265/30/19
Front wheel gap 2.25 inches to edge of sidewall and tread line rear gap 2 inches.

TMAC2000
04-10-13, 11:09 AM

With you there! It is funny how long it is taking to get parts out for the ATS. I picked up mine on 3/30 so I am ready to get going. I just came out of a modified BMW M5 and a BMW M3 so I am having a hard time driving a stock car..........