: 1977 Coupe Deville Value?

Cadillac Kid03
03-29-13, 03:48 PM
I'm looking at a 1977 i think from the taillights Coupe how much do these go for? It needs paint, Leather for the front seats, And filler panels. He wants $1350 does that sound about right? I'm thinking $800 for the work it needs. Its Green on Green with a Green plush top.

bigm57ict
03-29-13, 05:04 PM
Do you have photos?
Mileage?

Cadillac Kid03
03-29-13, 05:08 PM
Do you have photos?
Mileage?Mileage i don't photos i don't.

<Advertising link removed>

The Ape Man
03-29-13, 07:26 PM
Not anywhere enough information to tell. It could be a perfect showroom condition car. It could also be my old 1977 Coupe Deville. It was #11 off the line in 9/76. No tilt steering. Bench 6 way seat. I put over 300,000 miles on that body after buying it with 111,000 miles in 1984.

Cadillac Kid03
03-29-13, 08:32 PM
Not anywhere enough information to tell. It could be a perfect showroom condition car. It could also be my old 1977 Coupe Deville. It was #11 off the line in 9/76. No tilt steering. Bench 6 way seat. I put over 300,000 miles on that body after buying it with 111,000 miles in 1984.Yea the seller hasent told me enough about it and the video is gone. She needs work no doubt.

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE
03-29-13, 09:23 PM
Good price

Cadillac Kid03
03-29-13, 09:46 PM
Not anywhere enough information to tell. It could be a perfect showroom condition car. It could also be my old 1977 Coupe Deville. It was #11 off the line in 9/76. No tilt steering. Bench 6 way seat. I put over 300,000 miles on that body after buying it with 111,000 miles in 1984.Its by no means a show car....

creeker
03-29-13, 10:39 PM
Unless you want to treat it like an ongoing challenge to get it on the road and looking good, I wouldn't touch it, it's gonna need a lot work and money,
I would spend more upfront and have something I could enjoy and drive.

Cadillac Kid03
03-29-13, 11:16 PM
Unless you want to treat it like an ongoing challenge to get it on the road and looking good, I wouldn't touch it, it's gonna need a lot work and money,
I would spend more upfront and have something I could enjoy and drive.Yea I agree its not even one of those really nice colors. But it looks like now I have a want for a coupe. Ill save my cash and find another triple white.

deVille33
03-30-13, 11:22 AM
The 1977 - 79's were very nice cars, I have several and had several others. Their value is to be determined by several different factors. A physical on site appraisal being the best. Do all systems work? Rust? How well was it maintained prior to the decision to sell? How long was it in storage? All viable questions when purchasing one of these beauties.

The Ape Man
03-30-13, 12:30 PM
Any bodies ever in the trunk? If so were they wrapped properly?

Cadillac Kid03
03-30-13, 08:47 PM
Body is good since its a CA car and still is in CA.... Millage is 77K but other wise i have nothing else but that video too go on. I was going too do a package deal with him on three cars since i'm doing really good on Ebay. $3500 was gonna get me a 75 Fleetwood limo, 87 GTA Trans Am, and the Coupe but i'm sticking with the coupe idea.

cadillac kevin
03-30-13, 09:46 PM
Body is good since its a CA car and still is in CA.... Millage is 77K but other wise i have nothing else but that video too go on. I was going too do a package deal with him on three cars since i'm doing really good on Ebay. $3500 was gonna get me a 75 Fleetwood limo, 87 GTA Trans Am, and the Coupe but i'm sticking with the coupe idea.

Whats wrong with the GTA and limo? Thats really cheap.

Cadillac Kid03
03-30-13, 10:01 PM
Whats wrong with the GTA and limo? Thats really cheap.Both needs paint and other odd and ends too get them perfect. Hes selling most of his cars off since hes closing a lot.

77CDV
03-30-13, 11:47 PM
Where in CA is the car? If it's near enough, I'll scope it out for you.

Cadillac Kid03
03-31-13, 08:27 AM
Where in CA is the car? If it's near enough, I'll scope it out for you.Hes in El Cajon 92020 so about 3 hours google map says.

77CDV
04-01-13, 05:54 PM
Hmm. Bit of a trek for me, but I know someone who's close. Let me work on it. :)

Cadillac Kid03
04-01-13, 06:47 PM
Hmm. Bit of a trek for me, but I know someone who's close. Let me work on it. :)Sounds good my friend thank you for the help :thumbsup:

----------

Photos i hope these are good Sub let me know if these are fine. :)

http://i46.tinypic.com/v7fhft.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/5qv44.png
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gvknmc.png

deVille33
04-02-13, 11:26 AM
The right side looks good. If the leather hasn't dried, you may find someone to re-stitch the seat. It is not the common Seamist Green. Possibly a Firemist Green. Whitewalls would make it better appearing. From those pics the body appears straight. There appears to be a bubble on the vinyl top below the rear window. Bubbles are a sign of rust. Press in on the bubbles and they will crunch the rust blister. Check the grain in the top for signs of cracking where water can seep in. In '77 they did not have the Landau tops. The vinyl was laid over the metal. The bumpers look like they might be straight. The rear bumpers in '77 were the only ones in that series ( '77 - '79 ) produced with indents for the reflectors set between the rub strips. The steering wheel cover suggests the wheel has cracked, common for these cars. The dash pad ( crash pad ) has a propensity to crack near the middle along the air vent opening to the front and back. Dashes Only can do a better repair than upholstery shops can because they use a vacuum draw process to stretch the material over the dash foam. Just some observations from the pics provided.

Cadillac Kid03
04-02-13, 11:58 AM
The right side looks good. If the leather hasn't dried, you may find someone to re-stitch the seat. It is not the common Seamist Green. Possibly a Firemist Green. Whitewalls would make it better appearing. From those pics the body appears straight. There appears to be a bubble on the vinyl top below the rear window. Bubbles are a sign of rust. Press in on the bubbles and they will crunch the rust blister. Check the grain in the top for signs of cracking where water can seep in. In '77 they did not have the Landau tops. The vinyl was laid over the metal. The bumpers look like they might be straight. The rear bumpers in '77 were the only ones in that series ( '77 - '79 ) produced with indents for the reflectors set between the rub strips. The steering wheel cover suggests the wheel has cracked, common for these cars. The dash pad ( crash pad ) has a propensity to crack near the middle along the air vent opening to the front and back. Dashes Only can do a better repair than upholstery shops can because they use a vacuum draw process to stretch the material over the dash foam. Just some observations from the pics provided.Wow thank you for the detailed observation and i'll take that into account but the seller is not wanting to go below $1350. You my Sir are a expert on these great cars. :thumbsup:

77CDV
04-02-13, 06:34 PM
It's color 94, Thyme Green Firemist. I can't see any bubble under the backlight, and it's really unusual for these cars to rust out unless the top has completely failed. From the little I can see, it's rough, but not beyond hope.

cadillac kevin
04-02-13, 07:49 PM
It's color 94, Thyme Green Firemist. I can't see any bubble under the backlight, and it's really unusual for these cars to rust out unless the top has completely failed. From the little I can see, it's rough, but not beyond hope.

I don't think it's too bad, especially for the price. I'd buy it for 1350 (given it is in good shape mechanically)

Cadillac Kid03
04-08-13, 02:44 PM
Here's the update on the coupe. Has 80K miles on it, Dash is cracked, steering wheel is cracked, fillers, needs a tune up, new front seats, top is faded, paint, headlight marker, rubber trim around headlight, dings. So is it still worth $1350?

cadillac kevin
04-08-13, 06:00 PM
Here's the update on the coupe. Has 80K miles on it, Dash is cracked, steering wheel is cracked, fillers, needs a tune up, new front seats, top is faded, paint, headlight marker, rubber trim around headlight, dings. So is it still worth $1350?

I'd try to get it for 900...all the minor cosmetics add up, and thats not an easy color to find interior parts for (I guess you could get ones in a different color and dye them though.) Engine tune up isn't that hard on the older cars (probably plugs, wires, hoses, and some carb cleaner or adjustment would get it running right.) Faded top doesn't really matter to me on a cheap caddy, but a failed top does (one just looks bad, the other will cause roof rust. 1350 is IMO about what the car is worth, but you can probably get it for cheaper.
I'm guessing the car has 0 rust, right?

Cadillac Kid03
04-08-13, 06:55 PM
I'd try to get it for 900...all the minor cosmetics add up, and thats not an easy color to find interior parts for (I guess you could get ones in a different color and dye them though.) Engine tune up isn't that hard on the older cars (probably plugs, wires, hoses, and some carb cleaner or adjustment would get it running right.) Faded top doesn't really matter to me on a cheap caddy, but a failed top does (one just looks bad, the other will cause roof rust. 1350 is IMO about what the car is worth, but you can probably get it for cheaper.
I'm guessing the car has 0 rust, right?Nope no rust other then where the undercoating got scratched up from the road real clean car, Hes not budging at all on this car but he will take $800 for a 77 Seville? I like the car but needs works. I'm gonna look for another one. Thanks for the help man

cadillac kevin
04-08-13, 06:57 PM
Nope no rust other then where the undercoating got scratched up from the road real clean car, Hes not budging at all on this car but he will take $800 for a 77 Seville? I like the car but needs works. I'm gonna look for another one. Thanks for the help man

Whats wrong with the seville? Thats cheap for a great classic caddy.

Cadillac Kid03
04-08-13, 11:22 PM
Whats wrong with the seville? Thats cheap for a great classic caddy.Seville needs paint and other odds and ends like this one. He has tons of Cadillac's from all ages and they all need work exept a 98 Eldo. The Seville is nice too black with red leather!

cadillac kevin
04-08-13, 11:24 PM
Seville needs paint and other odds and ends like this one. He has tons of Cadillac's from all ages and they all need work exept a 98 Eldo. The Seville is nice too black with red leather!

I'd rock an 800 dollar first gen seville.

77CDV
04-09-13, 12:16 AM
I'd pass on the Seville. They tend to have more electronics and they rust more easily.

cadillac_al
04-09-13, 09:31 AM
My 78 Sevile has that magic factory undercoating that is tough as nails. If it isn't starting to rust yet then it won't as long as you keep it out of the salt. I love my old Seville and it handles like it's on rails, actually better than my 76 Camaro. 350 fi engine, th400 trans, limited slip rear, 4 wheel discs; what's not to love? I call mine my baby Caddy. It's a little cramped for room but that's how you get the good handling.

http://m491.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/cadillac_al/92%20Deville/7-11107.jpg.html?newest=1&pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2c0XFug6uMkKJbnUw%2Fr jXafsvlKGOOcFNCaRrS904SLASNI24PiaAchIrm0yX8zB6%2F9 9DAQPPwWNTX5wSTHr7ftzFFSBq9BwCv%2FVsZzff%2FAtXskph ySe929y%2BwXC8U%2Bvma8uYBzA60IrrsDpgkx5KNE%3D

I don't know what is up with photobucket but I can't seem to link any photos. Maybe that link will show my babys.

----------

Bad to the bone:

http://m491.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/cadillac_al/2010393.jpg.html?o=55&newest=1&pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2c0XFug6uMkKJbnUw%2Fr jXafsvlKGOOcFNCaRrS904SLASNI24PiaAchIrm0yX8zB6%2F9 9DAQPPwWNTX5wSTHr7ftzFFSBq9BwCv%2FVsZzff%2FAtXskph ySe929y%2BwXC8U%2Bvma8uYBzA60IrrsDpgkx5KNE%3D&pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2c0XFug6uMkKJbnUw%2Fr jXafsvlKGOOcFNCaRrS904SLASNI24PiaAchIrm0yX8zB6%2F9 9DAQPPwWNTX5wSTHr7ftzFFSBq9BwCv%2FVsZzff%2FAtXskph ySe929y%2BwXC8U%2Bvma8uYBzA60IrrsDpgkx5KNE%3D

classic Caddy lines

I would give a Seville in good condition a second look.