: 2005 cts v...need a mechanic in the bay area

4DoorZ06
03-29-13, 02:34 PM
I would like to have a mechanic here In the south bay area. Preferred close to San Jose to have my v checked and keep it running healthy. So if there's anyone that is familiar with these cars please get back to me

Manseeno
03-29-13, 03:21 PM
I recently had TPS Motorsports replace my rear main seal, install a monster level 1 clutch kit, replace front shocks and front hubs, plus some other stuff and I am very happy with their work. They view the CTS-V as a 4-door Corvette.

CTSV_Rob
03-29-13, 08:51 PM
Isn't TPS motorsports mostly for Mustangs?

I found a shop in Morgan Hill That I have had good luck with. Good bunch of guys and the owners son owns a V.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-21575248-monterey-auto-service-auto-repair-morgan-hill-morgan-hill

They have always done me right and their prices are reasonable.

OneFast V
03-29-13, 09:15 PM
I Recommend DJs performance. Del is a super honest guy and very reasonably priced. If there is something i am to lazy to do I will have him take care of it. He has never charged me more than quoted even though I know he has had to work much longer than he originally predicted. He is right off capitol expressway.

I have been to TPS motorsports and while they are okay their customer service is sub par. They say they will do something and call you but never follow up with a call....

Manseeno
03-29-13, 09:25 PM
Isn't TPS motorsports mostly for Mustangs?

Not sure about that, but they had a dedicated GM guy do the work on my car. They had a few corvettes in at the same time my car was there, including a 650hp twin turbo.

For "normal" stuff I'd also recommend Keystone Auto in Santa Clara.

mackey
03-29-13, 10:14 PM
heard both TPS and DJs do good work regardless of make

not that it helps lol

rand49er
03-30-13, 07:50 AM
I recently had TPS Motorsports replace my rear main seal ...Not to jack this thread, but I believe this is pretty rare since I don't recall having heard of anyone else requiring this yet. How many miles do you have?

Manseeno
03-30-13, 02:56 PM
Not to jack this thread, but I believe this is pretty rare since I don't recall having heard of anyone else requiring this yet. How many miles do you have?

Mine had about 95k on it; I don't know if this would have anything to do with it, but I know it had the oil pump replaced under warranty very early on at around 7k miles according to the history print out I got from a dealership.

It's not exactly a "cream puff", but at the time I bought it I felt that the price fairly reflected the work that it needed and I haven't regretted it, for me it's the best car I've ever had. I can honestly say the car is better now than when I first got it, though. I was actually prepared to replace the motor mounts as well but two techs (one at a dealership who did a pre-purchase inspection for me and then the tech at TPS) advised that the stock mounts were still fine....but I have my revshift blue mounts ready for when the stock mounts eventually need replacing, lol.