: Took the ATS to the Strip

bluhaven
03-29-13, 12:54 PM
Took the Caddy to the track last night and I was pretty impressed with the times it ran. Its the one on the right. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/wingnut_05/Caddy3-28-13_zps6d463887.gif

Kevin

----------

73JPS
03-29-13, 04:18 PM
Damn, I do love In N Out Burger: wish we had some here.

RippyPartsDept
03-29-13, 05:04 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/wingnut_05/Caddy3-28-13_zps6d463887.gif

Hotlinked it for you so people don't have to click through to photobucket to see the 'slip

bluhaven
03-29-13, 05:28 PM
^^^I was trying to do that Rippy but I couldn't get it to work. I did it the same way I have on other forums but it wouldn't work here. Thanks.

Kevin

----------

Damn, I do love In N Out Burger: wish we had some here.
Yea I think your a little far away for that to happen. I take it you've been out to Ca. before.

Kevin

RippyPartsDept
03-29-13, 05:55 PM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9379/imagecjds.jpg

This is how I embed images ... you can do it manually with img tags but i find this easier

make sure your link is a direct image link ending in .jpg or .gif or .png or whatever the image format is

bluhaven
03-29-13, 06:10 PM
Thanks, I'll have to try it out. I just tried it and got it to work. Thanks again

Kevin

bluhaven
03-29-13, 08:09 PM
Here's a pic at the strip. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/wingnut_05/2013-03-28_19-25-39_44_zpsd89e5c4c.jpg

73JPS
03-29-13, 09:45 PM
Great pic: nice looking car.

goesquik
03-30-13, 05:21 PM
All stock I presume... should be good for a high 13 in the 1/4, I think :hmm:

RWD or AWD, and how did it launch?

Did you disable traction control and stability, and put it into sport mode?

Sorry for the Q&A session, just interested to know if/when I take mine this summer.

bluhaven
03-30-13, 06:08 PM
All stock I presume... should be good for a high 13 in the 1/4, I think :hmm:

RWD or AWD, and how did it launch?

Did you disable traction control and stability, and put it into sport mode?

Sorry for the Q&A session, just interested to know if/when I take mine this summer.
Everything is bone stock, I don't know about high 13's, I'm thinking mid 14's, the conversion chart(1/8 to 1/4) says 13.96. The car is 2wd and I disabled traction control and stability control and put it in sport mode and let the tranny shift on it's on. It won't spin the tires at all! I was able to brake stall it up to 2000 rpm's. We drag race a lot with another car so this was just a fun night out to see what it would do. I was actually pretty impressed. I don't mind the questions, that's what this forum is for.

Kevin

goesquik
03-30-13, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the info Kevin.

I am also at the track in the summer with my other car, so I was planning on having the wife bring the caddy at least one time. It should be a good car for her first quarter mile run, and I would definitely like to get some before and after times if I end up loading a tune.

bluhaven
03-30-13, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the info Kevin.

I am also at the track in the summer with my other car, so I was planning on having the wife bring the caddy at least one time. It should be a good car for her first quarter mile run, and I would definitely like to get some before and after times if I end up loading a tune.
I just noticed that your from Mi., I was born and raised in Detroit and been out in Ca. since 1978. I use to race at Milan. My wife and I both race, but we use the same car, she runs one track me at another. I'd like to get the Caddy to the 1/4 mile but we race for points and tow, so that would mean we would have to take 2 vehicles for a 3 hour tow. I'm waiting for HP Tuners to get involved with there software then I might think about tuning the car.

Kevin

73JPS
03-30-13, 09:26 PM
Yea I think your a little far away for that to happen. I take it you've been out to Ca. before.

Kevin

Been to Ca. many times: love it.

goesquik
03-30-13, 10:46 PM
I just noticed that your from Mi., I was born and raised in Detroit and been out in Ca. since 1978. I use to race at Milan...
Kevin

That's where most guys from around here go. I usually try and get out there for the No ET events to watch a bunch of guys run for cash. My great uncle used to run at the GM proving grounds after hours and Detroit Dragway back in the day.

Cali weather would be nice though, tired of my other car sittin in the garage.