: 2010 SRX Nav. Problem

Robert J
03-29-13, 07:15 AM
Hi I have 2010 SRX and the other day I had to use my Nav. System and I was trying to put in the City, Dorchester Ma. And as soon as I hit the D and the O a list of 2 cities came up but neither were the one I needed. How would I put in the city I wanted with out the list poping up. I tried to hit the back button but the letters were not hylighted so I could not add the city I needed

2010SRXNJ
03-29-13, 09:31 AM
I am sure yo u did, but just in case, make sure you have selected the correct state first.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-30-13, 11:39 AM
Hi I have 2010 SRX and the other day I had to use my Nav. System and I was trying to put in the City, Dorchester Ma. And as soon as I hit the D and the O a list of 2 cities came up but neither were the one I needed. How would I put in the city I wanted with out the list poping up. I tried to hit the back button but the letters were not hylighted so I could not add the city I needed

After doing some research Robert, on page 53 of the navigation manual it says that, "A list displays if four or fewer names are available. If there are more than four, there is a match counter with a number of available streets. Select the list button to view the list and select the street." It seems that the only way to pick a street is if the system actually recognizes it in the database. There isn't a way to add cities to that list or to the database. You might not have the most up to date maps in your system. To fix this problem you would have to contact your dealer with your VIN and inquire about the navigation upgrade discs.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Service

stevec5375
03-31-13, 10:15 AM
In other words, pay $299 for another outdated Nav disc. In a pinch, use Google Maps to get the coordinates and enter those instead.