: CTS-V Wagon: Corsa Axle Back Sport or Touring?

jwbhole
03-28-13, 11:01 PM
I like the sound of the Sport. But will it drone at constant highway speeds?

1997BlackETC
03-28-13, 11:12 PM
On the wagon they only offer the sport and no there is no drone to it.

jwbhole
03-29-13, 12:51 AM
Thanks and that settles it pretty much!

ta70raiii
03-29-13, 11:26 PM
I just added Corsa Sports to my coupe...you will be very pleased with the sound and no drone.

jwbhole
04-04-13, 01:15 AM
My son and I did the install on Monday. It only took us about an hour. Sawzall with fresh blades helped. Right side top of the chamber is hitting the mount to the exhaust hangers ever so slightly that I am getting some vibration. Quick fix was to put a pad of electrical tape on the hanger bracket. Tips look even, but I'll have to pull the right side to bend up or slighltly cut the hanger. Sound is awesome. I still haven't gone over 4000 rpms since I only have 400 miles on the car. No drone. What do we think these are good for? 20 HP? JWBH

musclecar6
04-04-13, 03:16 PM
How loud is the interior noise when crusing at 70 mph or going up a hill vs stock. I have a new 2012 sedan & was thinking about doing a corsa touring. Had a corsa sport on my 06 C6 that I recently swapped for the CTS-V.

Rule12b
04-04-13, 09:44 PM
How loud is the interior noise when crusing at 70 mph or going up a hill vs stock. I have a new 2012 sedan & was thinking about doing a corsa touring. Had a corsa sport on my 06 C6 that I recently swapped for the CTS-V.

I have the touring with headers, race cats, and supplementals. (the whole shebang is for sale so let me disclose that potential bias). There is ZERO drone under cruise or even partial load. When you hammer it, it flat out wails. I've LOVED every second of having it. Quieter than stock on the highway, but an absolute beast at the track. I've got a few sound clips if you want to hear them, just pm me with an email addy and I can send you links.

Way better than the B&B I had and hated. Way better than stock. Frankly my favorite system I've had on any car. Hell I put a Corsa on my F-150 I tow with. I'm only selling the system because I'm testing a prototype system and running catless on the car which is now track only.

Here's a track drive-by pretty flat out before off-throttle to brake. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unHpgHGKYOQ

Here's one lap at Fontana from three cars. . .when it's the black #10 car, that's me you are hearing. Again, this is at full blow. At cruise, it is, no joke, quieter than stock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud-WMO5kfSA

1997BlackETC
04-05-13, 12:06 AM
The Corsa does sound real nice, I just wish it was a catback system like it was on my G8. It was around the same price on the G8, but on the CTS-V you just get mufflers.

musclecar6
04-05-13, 11:52 AM
Great. Thanks for the info. First thing I did when I got my 99 C5 & my 06 C6, was put the corsa pace car exhaust ( same as the sport for the C6) on the 99 & the corsa sport on the C6. Just gotta be careful with the CTS-V, cause the CEO of car interior noise( my wife who drives a lexus), is okay with the noise level stock on the CTS-V. While looking for more fun sound, gotta make sure I don't fix something that ain't broke.

Rule12b
04-05-13, 04:10 PM
Great. Thanks for the info. First thing I did when I got my 99 C5 & my 06 C6, was put the corsa pace car exhaust ( same as the sport for the C6) on the 99 & the corsa sport on the C6. Just gotta be careful with the CTS-V, cause the CEO of car interior noise( my wife who drives a lexus), is okay with the noise level stock on the CTS-V. While looking for more fun sound, gotta make sure I don't fix something that ain't broke.

I'm in precisely the same boat. Your CEO would approve, mine was thrilled even with the headers. And this after she NEVER forgave me after I changed the exhaust on my old M3, HATED it.

jwbhole
04-08-13, 01:29 AM
Guys, you are spot on. The Corsa sports are quieter than stock at cruise and light throttle but ferocious (like AC Cobra or 427 Vette side pipes) when you are on it. They are flat out fun. None of you smarty paws offered any thoughts on the hp gain.

volkswagnut
06-11-14, 02:36 PM
Guys, you are spot on. The Corsa sports are quieter than stock at cruise and light throttle but ferocious (like AC Cobra or 427 Vette side pipes) when you are on it. They are flat out fun. None of you smarty paws offered any thoughts on the hp gain.

Is this really true?
I picked up an 11 V Sedan, looking at both touring and sport axle back Corsa's... I dont want to ruin the decently quite inside with.. NOISE>>..
Sounds like the Sport is ok inside and bad ass outside.. thats perfect?

Any more insight and advice?
Is the consensus to go with Sport.. and enoy?

vfaninva
06-11-14, 05:41 PM
None of you smarty paws offered any thoughts on the hp gain.

The only somewhat verified info I've gotten on HP gains was from an internet video where they dyno'd a stock V sedan, then again after Airaid CAI install, and again after adding Corsa Sport axle back exhaust.
After Airaid there was a 20hp gain and 7/8 torque. After Corsa install there was a gain of 4 hp and torque went down by about the same number IIRC.

----------

Is this really true?
I picked up an 11 V Sedan, looking at both touring and sport axle back Corsa's... I dont want to ruin the decently quite inside with.. NOISE>>..
Sounds like the Sport is ok inside and bad ass outside.. thats perfect?

Any more insight and advice?
Is the consensus to go with Sport.. and enoy?

Yes, go with the Corsa Sport. You will not regret it!

09SRT8
06-11-14, 07:11 PM
You really can't go wrong with either Corsa they are both a quality product. I had them installed on my SRT 8 Challenger and those were equivalent to the sport version as far as sound. When I got my 2011 V Sedan I went with the Touring mufflers which are nice and throaty on start up, quiet on a cruise and nice at wide open throttle. My SRT exhaust was a cat back system which I really liked (no cutting, direct bolt on) where as the Corsa for the V was mufflers only so you had some cutting to do.

Zderf
06-12-14, 04:28 PM
Put the Sport on my Shooting Brake. They are perfect. Quiet at cruise, knarly at WFO. But the AirAide CAI adds another dimension almost like another instrument in the orchestra. Next, a Hennessey V700 package, but will leave the exhaust as-is. Then it will have that knarley puh thump at idle.

volkswagnut
07-07-14, 02:10 PM
Picked up a used pair of Sports. The Sports are fairly loud outside... not too bad inside. A little louder than I wanted inside.. but will be able to stand it.

vfaninva
07-07-14, 07:58 PM
^^Sorry to hear you're not as happy with the Corsa Sport as most of us are. I really like the low rumble that can be heard inside the cabin. The sound isn't loud enough to interfere with conversations or require me to turn the stereo volume up.
Hopefully you'll grow to like it.

Slizzo
07-08-14, 12:42 PM
^^Sorry to hear you're not as happy with the Corsa Sport as most of us are. I really like the low rumble that can be heard inside the cabin. The sound isn't loud enough to interfere with conversations or require me to turn the stereo volume up.
Hopefully you'll grow to like it.

Shit, compared to my G8 I don't hear crap on the inside of this car. I was questioning whether it had Corsas on it at all.

vfaninva
07-08-14, 01:29 PM
Shit, compared to my G8 I don't hear crap on the inside of this car. I was questioning whether it had Corsas on it at all.

LOL! That's all the insulation. At wot inside the car I can hear the sc much more than the Corsa. But if you aren't sure the Corsa's loud enough, stand outside and have a friend do a drive by or roll the windows down next time you're in a parking garage. It will put a smile on your face guaranteed! :)