: 2014 cts trade ins

Josh2010
03-28-13, 10:40 PM
So I was at my dealer today and they wanted me to trade my V in on a 2014 CTS already. Is anyone considering this already? I love my car and I don't really wana trade it for anything. In a perfect world I would have my V parked next to my 911 gt3 rs OOooh to dream is fun :)

1997BlackETC
03-28-13, 11:24 PM
That seems strange whereas the Vsport is not even out yet and even the dealer would not know the price or have a options list.

baabootoo
03-29-13, 12:39 AM
Could you live with 140 horsepower less and a brand new car?

khoeysr
03-29-13, 10:13 AM
Your dealer is demented.

musclecar6
03-29-13, 10:32 AM
I'd wait for the new CTS-V, not the V-sport. The V-sport appears to compete with the BMW 5 series M sport type enhancements & the CTS-V when it comes out, will be placed to compete with the M5. You're at the top right now with your V & the last person I would listen to is a know little or nothing salesperson, which many of them are.

HUGN*RDS
03-29-13, 11:18 AM
I'm waiting on the new V. The Vsport just doesnt cut it for me in terms of power but I would test drive an AWD model to at least say I did. The Cadillac website has some good shots of the new CTS but it looks pretty similar to me.

Random84
03-29-13, 12:30 PM
Your dealer is demented.

They make money on new car orders (and arguably even more) on under-valuing popular model trade-ins to resell.

No, I think the dealer is quite sane - and trying to drum up excitment for the new model so they can make money at the OP's expense.

thebigjimsho
03-29-13, 09:51 PM
They make money on new car orders (and arguably even more) on under-valuing popular model trade-ins to resell.

No, I think the dealer is quite sane - and trying to drum up excitment for the new model so they can make money at the OP's expense.

No, they're demented because the car was just debuted. It is at least 6-8 months from being in showrooms...at least...

1997BlackETC
03-29-13, 10:28 PM
I can see the dealer mentioning it in passing like saying something like "You may want to trade your V in on a brand new Vsport next fall when they come out" but if they were talking seriously about it, that makes no sense as they are not gonna have a Vsport until at least next October or November if even then.

Josh2010
03-29-13, 11:48 PM
I'm more than happy with the car I have now. The Vsport is not even something I'd look at for my car. I honestly don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon especially since a good friend of mine is a die hard BMW fan boy.

pat2t2f
03-30-13, 10:16 AM
Moving from a V to a Vsport would be a step down so I don't know why the dealer would even suggest it.

Jinx
03-31-13, 04:12 PM
I briefly considered waiting for a Vsport instead of ordering a '13 V. It'll be pretty quick (less than 10lb/hp), it should handle sharply, the interior ought to be much improved, the electronics are cutting edge, with digital IP and HUD... but there's no manual transmission, it's at least eight months away, and I just don't trust a first-year TTV6 from GM. And there's no manual transmission.

.Jinx