: CTS-V to STS-V rims before and after

ImEpayne
03-28-13, 03:17 PM
Found a STEAL at a local salvage yard. Got a complete set of STS-V rims with roughly 75% rubber left on them. All TPMS sensors intact. and... Custom painted! (I think). Paid $750 for the lot. Ordered 5MM spacers for the front tires from wheeladapters.com for $100.

Best thing is. Everything worked on the first try! Spacers fit perfectly. Wheels fit perfecting. No rubbing at any turn degree. All sensors connected with the computer without any relearning. No vibrations no need of a rebalance or alignment. All went too well...

Speedo is off by about 1-2 MPH. Have a cop radar on my street infront of my house :p at 25 MPH it jumbles between 26-27 MPH

Tell me what you think. I LOVE them!

AAIIIC
03-28-13, 06:20 PM
Cool wheels, and that's one helluva deal :eek:, but I'm not feeling the custom paint job on them at all. I think it ruins them, to be perfectly honest.

And I'm curious how the TPMS sensors synced with the car without a relearn. :confused: I've swapped my various sets of wheels around dozens of times and never had such luck.

ImEpayne
03-28-13, 07:19 PM
Hey to each their own. No offense taken!

And I'm assuming something to do with everything being OE Caddy gear. But I was surprised too when everything synced up instantly.

xbladr
03-28-13, 09:17 PM
You sure it didnt just keep the old readings. Mine do that when i switch between my two sets of wheels. It just keeps the readings from the wheels I took off. I then relearn (takes 1 minute) and it goes back to the way it should. Fill one tire up another 5 psi and see if the car registers it.

POS VETT
03-28-13, 10:30 PM
Bet it's reading the sensors on the old wheels.

rand49er
03-29-13, 08:24 AM
You sure it didnt just keep the old readings. Mine do that when i switch between my two sets of wheels. It just keeps the readings from the wheels I took off. I then relearn (takes 1 minute) and it goes back to the way it should. Fill one tire up another 5 psi and see if the car registers it.^^^ Yeah that.

AAIIIC
03-29-13, 09:28 AM
^^^ Yeah that that.

Overd0s3
03-29-13, 10:04 AM
Looks like a downgrade to me but like you said to each his own. Surprised there is no rubbing though

CoSteve
03-29-13, 01:42 PM
Looks like a downgrade to me but like you said to each his own.....

:duck:

You guys are harsh....

HAMSTAR
03-29-13, 03:13 PM
I think the STS-V wheels look better than the stock CTS-V. And they're wider, which is good. I'm not a fan of the paint job either, but whatever, it's not my car. Good find, OP! Can you mention the part number for the spacers you got, in case otherw want to try this in the future?

JD03Cobra
03-29-13, 03:45 PM
Are the wheels the same size/width or do you have the 18" front and 19" rear like the STS V? I like the wheels but would look better with a shorter side wall...either way good deal.

ImEpayne
03-29-13, 04:17 PM
Don't have a stock number for the spacers as I basically did everything over the phone with Fred at wheeladapters.com. All I have is this (2@5MM 06 CTVS 6X115MM)

Tires sizes are front- 255/40/ZR18 rear-275/40/ZR19. I agree, would look better with less sidewall. But gunna run these tires down for now.

I'm ok with so many people not liking them. That just means I'll see less people doing it!

Testing out the TPMS sensors tonight once I'm off work to see if they're reading. I see the pressures change as I drive (Live in Colorado, so pretty easy to increase elevation a thousand feet or two in a short drive) I've seen them range from 29 PSI to 33 PSI. But I am going to set them all at 35 tonight and see if its fine and dandy.

xbladr
03-29-13, 09:10 PM
sounds good man good luck with the sensors. If it doesnt work cadillacfaq has the procedure on how to relearn them

OneFast V
03-29-13, 09:28 PM
If somebody needs 5mm spacers I have an extra set...

JDB
03-30-13, 08:17 PM
Not a fan of how tall the front sidewall looks. But otherwise, not bad considering the price.

WakikiVee
03-31-13, 01:49 PM
I actually like the custom paint on the wheels...nice find! I had those same balloon sts-v tires on mine when I first got my wheels, went down a couple sizes and I think it looks and handles a lot better...good stuff!

ImEpayne
04-01-13, 08:19 PM
Well, sure enough, adjusted the air pressure and the readings didn't change. Last night while on a cruise all the pressures changed to --- . So will be doing the relearn now, though it didn't trigger any TPMS lights. Which is cool because I've found if that's on then you can't enable Competitive Driving Mode.

Finally cleaned up the rims and absolutely love the silver/black contrast. But the sidewall is hugely annoying... But they're staying for now. Anyone know a good way to sell these CTS-V wheels? ... Not a huge market out there for 6 lug car wheels.

AAIIIC
04-01-13, 09:50 PM
You shouldn't have any problem at all selling your stock wheels in the Classifieds here or on LS1tech.com.

JDB
04-02-13, 08:47 PM
You shouldn't have any problem at all selling your stock wheels in the Classifieds here or on LS1tech.com.

Agreed... seems like people are always looking for wheels...whether it's for winters, track setup or spare singles.

lollygagger8
04-02-13, 09:43 PM
Powder coat those things with the money you saved on the purchase price.

54inches
04-02-13, 10:50 PM
Those would look SICK on a Black V.....I have always liked black faced wheels with another color inset.

Typically, white or red....with a black face.

The crowd around here hates more than anything. Don't sweat it. Much more love on LS1Tech.

thebigjimsho
04-04-13, 08:32 PM
Not a fan of how tall the front sidewall looks. But otherwise, not bad considering the price.

The front sidewall is less than stock. The problem is the black paint on the wheels causing no visual separation to the tire.

I usually like STS-V wheels on CTS-Vs, just not painted like that. And I'd still much prefer widened stockers...