: Alarm problem or truck problem?

TheCaddyKidd
03-28-13, 02:09 PM
Ok.. So I have had a viper alarm installed a while back.. They also put in the auto window module (530t) to control the windows.. In the passed I remember I had a problem with the windows and it turned out that the module for the alarm blew a fuse.. I am having a similar problem, however I checked the fuse and it looks good.. The windows are up on the truck and when I go to put them down all i get is the click from the door area but nothing.. I am thinking it is the alarm but just want to be 100% before i rip apart the dash looking for the fuse for the alarm.. I am thinking it has to be something like a fuse, either the alarm fuse or the factory fuse because its both windows.. if one just stopped working i would think a motor or something but its both of them.. anyway.. just wondering if both windows are on the same factory fuse or if they are separate as that will narrow down the problem.. Thanks

the cadillac man
03-28-13, 02:48 PM
Ok.. So I have had a viper alarm installed a while back.. They also put in the auto window module (530t) to control the windows.. In the passed I remember I had a problem with the windows and it turned out that the module for the alarm blew a fuse.. I am having a similar problem, however I checked the fuse and it looks good.. The windows are up on the truck and when I go to put them down all i get is the click from the door area but nothing.. I am thinking it is the alarm but just want to be 100% before i rip apart the dash looking for the fuse for the alarm.. I am thinking it has to be something like a fuse, either the alarm fuse or the factory fuse because its both windows.. if one just stopped working i would think a motor or something but its both of them.. anyway.. just wondering if both windows are on the same factory fuse or if they are separate as that will narrow down the problem.. Thanks

Take a multi meter and test for power at the window motor while working the controls