: Cadillacs Comeback.....

Night Wolf
01-07-05, 09:21 PM
This is what the guys on Auto Week gotta say about us :)

http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.jspa?forumID=13&threadID=4064

Ralph
01-07-05, 09:31 PM
I like this dumbass, he can knock them and assume Cadillac is still stuck in the 1980's but he's never driven one! :hmm:

I also wonder how many 70 year olds are on the Forum that drive CTS's? :shhh: :rolleyes2

"Um, who's to say that Caddy is indeed turning around? The only thing that might be causing the perception of a Caddy turnaround around is post-9/11 hypernationalism. I think that by 2006 this alleged comeback will have petered out, just as the "comeback" Northstar-equipped Seville/Eldo did.

I was going through some old issues of Sports Car International last Saturday, and I read much the same lines about the Seville STS.

The fact of the matter is that the CTS still has a crappy interior. Maybe it's better than that of the Opel/Vauxhall Omega "Caddy Catera" it replaced and about on the level of the Saab 9-3's. But it's not even as good as the rather shoddy Merc C-Class interior, to say nothing of the Audi A4's, BMW 3er's or even the VW Jetta/Passat's.

As for driving dynamics, I've never driven one, only sat in one. However, I do think that it looks kinda cool, except in that horrible beige color Caddy must be offering to get some blind 70-year-olds into CTS's...."

I would hope "quality" had something to do with it also!

Vesicant
01-07-05, 09:57 PM
There were some obvious Caddy haters (or atleast against the new age of Cadillac).

Yeah, Cadillac's certainly comming back, and better than ever. The reform that GM's allowing is wonderous!

Msilva954
01-07-05, 11:01 PM
Hmm...I have to agree with Ralph on this one....the only downside to the whole revitilazation (damn<<<) is the interiors.....I personally cant stand them.....even the new STSV....though it has leather wrapped dash and all I still think its plain....and not very arty or sciency....

Spock
01-08-05, 03:01 AM
Number one stolen car is the Escalade. Low supply, high demand...of course Cadillac is on top.

Now git outta my car biatch and get me a grape soda! *slap*

majax
01-08-05, 03:47 AM
If Cadillac keeps up with making new cars and all then they will stay up. What happend in the early 90's is they designed the Eldo and Seville and then ran the same cars for 5+ years!(esp the eldorado) while the competition prospered and grew making more advacned cars. The DeVille has changed the most over the years.

The new CTS is coming, the interior should be on par. Yes, I do kinda agree about the current CTS interior it is somewhat awkward :hmm: The STS interior is not given justice by pictures.

majax
01-08-05, 03:50 AM
I think that by 2006 this alleged comeback will have petered out, just as the "comeback" Northstar-equipped Seville/Eldo did.

So are you saying Cadillac is climbing now and by 2006 they are going to loose it and go back to the way they were in the mid 90's? Or, are you saying the who comeback thing will be over and they will be considered back?

Playdrv4me
01-08-05, 05:02 AM
The fact of the matter is that the CTS still has a crappy interior. Maybe it's better than that of the Opel/Vauxhall Omega "Caddy Catera" it replaced and about on the level of the Saab 9-3's. But it's not even as good as the rather shoddy Merc C-Class interior, to say nothing of the Audi A4's, BMW 3er's or even the VW Jetta/Passat's.

I would hope "quality" had something to do with it also!

Is that really Ralph? ;)

Ok. So everyone gets on me when I criticize Cadillac for their flaws and make specific instances of things that need turning around in comparison to the foreign competition. Why do I beat on them so? Much like a little brother, I want them to succeed. Look, now theyre doing it, and Im happy for Cadillac, and ALL the Domestics right now who are making a little bit of a turnaround, and are once again the prominent names featured in the big mags (kinda deflates the theory that all the big mags were purposely Domestic haters and only liked foreign cars too... WRONG! They actually have something to write about now!!!)

majax
01-08-05, 05:10 AM
:hide: I hope thats not Ralph, scary

I agree with ya Ian, they need critisizm to know what they do wrong and then fix their problem.

Edit: I just realized something, Ralph was quoting that one guy in his own words and not speaking in and of himself.

Ralph
01-08-05, 05:45 AM
Whoa, whoa, I was quoting from the link!!! Notice whewre the quotes are in my post!! I was criticizing that ONE guy for saying that because he failes to acknowledge that quality has anything to do with the comeback. He stated that it was because of hyper nationalism due to 911 or whatever....

I wouldn't criticize the CTS interior, I like the STS interior much better but I'm too much of a purist to criticize it. :)

Sorry, I giess I should have started that quote off like "Here is what this guy said, etc...."

I also like the M-class interior! Lotsa wood. I would like more color in the CTS interior though. :yup:

Katshot
01-08-05, 08:53 AM
Yeah, the exteriors are starting to grow on me but those interiors are so bad, I just can't see me driving in one every day. I sat in the new STS, and the interior is so drab to me that it reminds me of a clay model of an interior. Looks like somebody dumped a can of gray paint over the whole thing. No contrasting colors or anything. And I REALLY hate the steering wheels they put in all the cars. Blah!