: CUE integration with Google Play

rfranco
03-28-13, 01:20 PM
[Posted in the XTS forum, but this appears to be a more appropriate forum for this question.]

I just took delivery of my new XTS this morning. I was able to pair my Samsung Galaxy S3 rather easily and my contacts are all appearing through CUE. However, my music and playlists are not showing up. I use Google Play to stream my music.

If I start playing music from my phone, it plays through the car's sound system and the current song artists and title displays. I can use the "next" button to go to the next song. But, I cannot browse my music to select what I want to listen to. Is there something else I need to do for my music and playlists to show up, or is this something it cannot do?

Also, the nice phone slot in the center console is too narrow for my Galaxy S3! Wish they had made that a little wider.

Thank you,
Robert.

RippyPartsDept
03-28-13, 01:46 PM
probably the best course of action would be for you to call the CUE team at 855-4CUE-NOW
they are there to assist you will all things CUE related
and they're also the best place to formally log any bugs that you may find in the system

someone here might have a good answer for you but the CUE team definitely will (if there is an answer)

and if you do get a good answer from them please come back and report ...
:cool2:

glenroebuck
08-08-13, 08:39 AM
I am not sure it can integrate without a google play app in cue. Pretty much at the point of audio android is just looking at the cue as an audio device with some basic playback functions integrated (forward, back pause play) - You are probably better off creating playlists in play and managing music that way. To truly integrate into play it would need to be an app on cue that used your cell data plan to stream so it would probably need to be usb connected and treat the cell as a tether.