: Express window not working

Tedk
03-28-13, 11:17 AM
Good Morning everyone. My 2008 DTS driver side express window will go express down but not up(window goes up but have to hold the button). Passenger side goes express down and up. I posted earlier about the memory seat not working(the seat moves with the buttons just not with the memory). Any ideas if these are computer issues? Any help would be appreciated. The car has 45000 miles on it, seems early to have these types of problems

MoistCabbage
03-28-13, 11:21 AM
Electrical problems have absolutely nothing to do with mileage.

The first step is to pull the codes.

Tedk
03-28-13, 12:14 PM
I didn't even know codes would come up for something like that. Thanks

grullon10
03-28-13, 12:23 PM
Try doing this when you bring the window up hold the up when the window complete close for about 30 sconds that will reprogram the window to go up by it self.

Tedk
03-28-13, 12:29 PM
grullon10, thanks so much that fixed it

MoistCabbage
03-28-13, 01:06 PM
Has the battery been disconnected recently? If not, check your battery voltage with the engine OFF, preferably after being off for at least 30 minutes.

HASSAN4477
03-28-13, 08:47 PM
Has the car ever been in an accident have you checked the fuse for the memory seat I tried everything to get my memory seat to work on my 06 dts and it ended up being the airbag module under the rear of the center console plugged up a new one and they worked

grullon10
03-28-13, 09:14 PM
That's why we are here for

Tedk
03-29-13, 10:56 AM
No the car has not been in an accident. It would work then not work. I disconnected the battery and it worked perfect for about a day and a half but now it wont go back for easy exit or forward for the 2 memory positions. Any thoughts?

MoistCabbage
03-29-13, 12:06 PM
Check your battery voltage with the engine OFF, preferably after being off for at least 30 minutes.

If it's above 12.2, pull your codes.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-29-13, 09:04 PM
Good Morning everyone. My 2008 DTS driver side express window will go express down but not up(window goes up but have to hold the button). Passenger side goes express down and up. I posted earlier about the memory seat not working(the seat moves with the buttons just not with the memory). Any ideas if these are computer issues? Any help would be appreciated. The car has 45000 miles on it, seems early to have these types of problems

Hello Tedk,

I am sorry to hear of the inconvenience of your driver side express window button and your memory seat. I am happy to assist you with this concern. I can set up an appointment with a dealership for you to diagnose your vehicle. Let me know what you decide! Thank you. Have a great night.

Sincerely,
Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Tedk
04-02-13, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for the help. I checked the battery voltage after 30 min and it was 12.11(would that cause my trouble?). Then I pulled the fuse for the memory it was ok and when I replaced it the seat started working again. Does this sound like the battery causing the problem?

Superjim
04-02-13, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for the help. I checked the battery voltage after 30 min and it was 12.11(would that cause my trouble?). Then I pulled the fuse for the memory it was ok and when I replaced it the seat started working again. Does this sound like the battery causing the problem?

Sounds more like a bad ground....
Pull both battery cables...
Take the negative cable loose where it bolts to the floor.
Take sandpaper and sand off the paint in the small area where the cable connects to the floor.
Re-attach the cable to the floor and reattach the cables to the battery... negative cable LAST...

MoistCabbage
04-02-13, 01:30 PM
A healthy 12 volt battery puts out ~12.6 volts. 12.1 is essentially dead. Low voltage can cause false codes, and all kinds of weird electrical gremlins.

Tedk
04-19-13, 01:08 PM
Thanks Superjim and MoistCabbage, I replaced the battery and sanded the connection and the seat is working great.