: Fast 90/92 Gains on Bolt on ls6

redbird555
03-28-13, 11:59 AM
HI guys I'm along time member over on ls1tech but my searching has brought me here. I have an 03 ls6 long block swapped into an fbody. Mods now are full bolt ons, ARH 1-7/8 headers, ATI udp, ported TB, 3.90 gears, bassani td's custom air intake etc. I'm trying to do a full bolt on build and really see how far I can push it. I know swapping in a cam and porting he heads would be cheaper and easier but thats not the route I want to go.

Using googles search feature I found a couple guys on here have swapped their ls6 intake for a fast 90 or 92mm intake and tb... I'm looking to do the same and I was wondering who here has done it and what difference in power did you see. I founds a couple threads where it was done on stock ls6 motors and ls2's. Some gained 10-15whp and some lost power and torque which didnt make sense to me at all.

Thanks For the help

Dan-

Naf
03-28-13, 12:47 PM
Unless you have cam and heads installed you will lose mid torque and horeepower but gain top-end horsepower.

jclayc
03-28-13, 02:07 PM
I put a FAST 92mm intake + 90mm LS2 TB on my 05 LS6 and, while I didn't dyno it before and after, I'll confirm what Naf said... but the mid-range loss isn't really bad/noticeable.

Unless you live over 5500 RPM, spend your money somewhere else until you get the cam or heads.

Under the hood does SOUND meaner at like 6000 RPM though!

redbird555
03-28-13, 04:20 PM
Lol thanks guys I'd think the longer runner design of the fast vs the stock ls6 would help out torque everywhere?