: Installed PISNUOFF shifter...AWESOME!

MH515
03-28-13, 05:24 AM
New to forum, just wanted to give props to Brian (PISNUOFF) for a great product. I just installed one of his shifters in my 05 V...feels so good. I unexpectedly found out that I already had a UUC shifter and like new bushings installed! I just got this car a few weeks ago, so I just assumed I had a stock shifter. I can say the UUC shifter was nice and smooth, but having come from a Z06, the throws were definitely longer than I was used to. The UUC shifter does have a nice feel to it, but I do like my new shifter better.

In comparison, the PISNUOFF shifter has awesome, solid stops and the shifts are noticeably shorter. It takes a little more force for each shift, but thats to be expected since the shifter is shorter than the UUC. I ordered mine threaded so that I wouldn't be stuck with the stock shifter knob, which makes the PISNUOFF shifter a little shorter than it normally is. I'm actually using my C5 Z06 knob now.

Got the windows tinted yesterday, so I guess next up is headers! I've already got a Corsa catback. I'm loving my V...black and tan with only 30k miles on it! I traded in my 04 Z06 on it and I can honestly say I (almost) never miss it.

Incidentally, I have a like new UUC shifter and brand new CS shifter bushings if someone wants them! Tried posting them in the classifieds but not sure that I put them where I need them to be to get seen. Just let me know!

rand49er
03-28-13, 07:27 AM
Brian wasn't doing these when I installed my shifter, but a shifter is still the best mod I've done. Glad you like it.

Enjoy your headers mated up with the Corsa. GREAT sound!

Jeff James
03-29-13, 10:19 PM
I am interested in the UUC shifter (if you sell for about the same as pisnuoffs price. )PM Me!

MH515
03-30-13, 05:19 PM
I think I'm having trouble PMing. Email me if interested mhostler@hotmail.com

Jeff James
04-06-13, 03:20 PM
Well, I'll never get that hour back. Bought the UUC from MH515 (excellent service BTW, thank You). Decided to install immediately and as I started disassembly I realized that I didn't have a stock shifter either (mines a B&M maybe, Blue Ball retainer,Single pc, Steel bushings, Allen head retainer hold-down bolts that thread up from the bottom into threaded ball retainer).I did install the CS bushings while it was apart.
I can't imagine how bad the stock shifters are. Bought my car at 15k miles. Apparently the Original owner hated the stock shifter too. Anybody wanna buy a UUC with very low miles(see above). PM me if interested,Thanks

HAMSTAR
04-06-13, 03:23 PM
^ that's a hoot. GLWS

rand49er
04-06-13, 04:40 PM
Well, I'll never get that hour back ...That's what I said about the Volant I bought once upon a time.

robojesus
04-07-13, 11:27 AM
I test drove a V with a UUC shifter installed, and I bought my 04 with stock shifter, and I gotta say, the PISNUOFF model is the best one I've used.