: Air shock slow leak?

caddydaddy
03-28-13, 01:15 AM
I just replaced the air ride compressor on my '05 at 95,000 miles. I noticed that the air bladders on the original air shocks do have some small crack in them. I sprayed them down to check for any leaks, but couldn't find any. After a few hours, the bladders are soft. Is there an air leak, or do they usually bleed down after a while?

the cadillac man
03-28-13, 02:09 AM
I just replaced the air ride compressor on my '05 at 95,000 miles. I noticed that the air bladders on the original air shocks do have some small crack in them. I sprayed them down to check for any leaks, but couldn't find any. After a few hours, the bladders are soft. Is there an air leak, or do they usually bleed down after a while?

They should be firm try letting the truck run with the doors closed to build up pressure in the system before spraying the shocks and lines with soapy water and look for bubbles as there is a leak somewhere in the system

Sentinelist
03-30-13, 02:26 AM
Aside from sounding like a jackhammer two houses down, my compressor still works fine (?) but the dealer told me my rear shocks were slowly leaking- we're at about the same mileage.

I have not spray tested but believe it and plan to go with the Arnotts at some point this year. Probably when the truck actually starts sagging- it's not yet. I have too many other projects going right now.

the cadillac man
03-30-13, 03:25 AM
Aside from sounding like a jackhammer two houses down, my compressor still works fine (?) but the dealer told me my rear shocks were slowly leaking- we're at about the same mileage.

I have not spray tested but believe it and plan to go with the Arnotts at some point this year. Probably when the truck actually starts sagging- it's not yet. I have too many other projects going right now.

I would replace the compressor at the same time to be on the safe side that is what I am doing just have to get the shocks

caddydaddy
04-02-13, 06:29 PM
I went ahead and installed a pair of Arnott/Bilstein air shocks, so hopefully that will solve the problem. The compressor ran for quite a while when I first started the truck up today, so I'm sure the shocks have slow leaks.
Between the compressor, air shocks and a new battery, I've put $650 in 2 weeks into it! That'd be the monthly payment on a new one, so I'm ok with that! :)

the cadillac man
04-02-13, 06:41 PM
I went ahead and installed a pair of Arnott/Bilstein air shocks, so hopefully that will solve the problem. The compressor ran for quite a while when I first started the truck up today, so I'm sure the shocks have slow leaks.
Between the compressor, air shocks and a new battery, I've put $650 in 2 weeks into it! That'd be the monthly payment on a new one, so I'm ok with that! :)

Trust me working shocks is better then worn shocks same with the battery