: Went to another dealer today to try to get my steering wheel on center

1997BlackETC
03-27-13, 11:53 PM
The local Caddy dealer 2 miles down the road from me spent around 6 hours total while I waited trying to get the steering wheel straight driving down the road. That was 2 different appointments around 3 hours each, first time they made it worse, the car was like this since new 3 months ago. They kept saying to me, "well if you'd bought the car here maybe we could do a little more for you" Never did get any of the satisfaction report stuff from gm so never really complained but I still knew the steering wheel being around a inch higher on the left side was not right.

Anyhow, today had an appointment with a dealer about a 40 minute ride from where I live. The tech put the car on the alignment rack and found the rear end toe to be way out, all along my car since new must have been dog tracking down the road and I didn't even know it. Did feel like I was going a little sideways, guess I shoulda questioned it more. Anyhow after about 15 minutes the car was like it should have always been, then they did my free oil change and tire rotation service and popped off the front wheels to clean the brake rotors so no more wheel clicking, all in about an hours worth of time. I know where I'll always go for service from now on, this dealer is top dog, Coast Cadillac in Sarasota FL is great. They also have some great deals on leftover 2012 V's and regular coupes and sedans. I will give them top ratings if/when I get a survey. My car drives perfect now. They also recommended a good guy to replace the windshield which got damaged the first week I had the car 3 months ago. It's in the field of vision so insurance is going to cover it using a OEM Windshield.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-28-13, 10:28 AM
The local Caddy dealer 2 miles down the road from me spent around 6 hours total while I waited trying to get the steering wheel straight driving down the road. That was 2 different appointments around 3 hours each, first time they made it worse, the car was like this since new 3 months ago. They kept saying to me, "well if you'd bought the car here maybe we could do a little more for you" Never did get any of the satisfaction report stuff from gm so never really complained but I still knew the steering wheel being around a inch higher on the left side was not right.

Anyhow, today had an appointment with a dealer about a 40 minute ride from where I live. The tech put the car on the alignment rack and found the rear end toe to be way out, all along my car since new must have been dog tracking down the road and I didn't even know it. Did feel like I was going a little sideways, guess I shoulda questioned it more. Anyhow after about 15 minutes the car was like it should have always been, then they did my free oil change and tire rotation service and popped off the front wheels to clean the brake rotors so no more wheel clicking, all in about an hours worth of time. I know where I'll always go for service from now on, this dealer is top dog, Coast Cadillac in Sarasota FL is great. They also have some great deals on leftover 2012 V's and regular coupes and sedans. I will give them top ratings if/when I get a survey. My car drives perfect now. They also recommended a good guy to replace the windshield which got damaged the first week I had the car 3 months ago. It's in the field of vision so insurance is going to cover it using a OEM Windshield.

Glad to hear everything has been taken care of and thank you for sharing your service experience with Coast Cadillac! Enjoy your weekend.

Thank you,
Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

USAFRET
03-28-13, 10:29 AM
Tire rotation??? How did they do that on a V???

Thunder Gray STS
03-28-13, 02:11 PM
Tire rotation??? How did they do that on a V???

Side to side

1997BlackETC
03-28-13, 02:29 PM
Yes side to side. I should have found another dealer a couple months ago, I've been driving the car out of alignment ever since I got it. I knew something was not right, the car drives and tracks so much better now. The tires appear to be wearing ok since it was more of a dog tracking issue. I don't know why I did not think about the rear end being about of alignment more as that can definately throw off the steering wheel position as it tries to make up for the rear of the cars angle. It is such a bad feeling when you know about cars and you have a dealer (the first dealer I went too) giving you the bananna. Not only does it make them look bad it makes GM look bad. I know it's just because they were upset I did not buy the car though them, I saw the sales manager walk into the service dept and say something. I had been there looking at cars on their lot about a month before as I was waiting for my V that was on order through another dealer, I even told them I had one on order and was just looking, it was a long wait from when I turned in my other one and got the Wagon, I had some time to kill one day and stopped in there. Anyhow, super happy everything is right with my car now, Coast even ordered some new locking lugs for me because the GM ones I had (came with the car as an option) are not the new part number which keeps the wheels from clicking, all the other lugs are the revised part number because this car is a 2013.