: New to the Cadillac Forums, Looking for a good mechanic in NJ?

sosatyme72
03-27-13, 02:50 PM
I just purchased a '03 Escalade ESV and would like to know where is a good mechanic/shop to bring it in for service and/or oil changes. Looking for a honest and not a rip off mechanic in the North Jersey area...thanks!

djais1801
03-27-13, 07:28 PM
PM me your specific location in NJ...I have an honest Certified Cadillac Technician that works at Gold Coast Cadillac in Oakhurst, by exit 105 on GSP. He works afterhours/saturdays at dealership...very reasonable compared to dealership hours.

sosatyme72
03-27-13, 08:14 PM
ohhh thats a lil ways off im up by Paramus..

djais1801
03-27-13, 09:02 PM
Sorry...best I can do for ya!

sosatyme72
03-28-13, 05:40 PM
ok no problem, thanks.

Sorry...best I can do for ya!

sosatyme72
04-01-13, 10:18 AM
no mechanics in north jersey???

djais1801
04-01-13, 02:34 PM
Let me ask you this...is it worth a 40 min. drive to get work done by a certified Cadillac technician and know you're not getting screwed? Another strategy would be to go speak to a salesman, ask him for 5 minutes of his time and have him recommend a caddy tech that might moonlight for extra scratch...and tip the guy $20. i think Englewood Cliffs Cadillac is up near you. Good luck!
That's how i found my guy. I used to be a service writer for BMW and our techs were allowed to come in on saturdays and work on their own stuff.

sosatyme72
04-01-13, 03:18 PM
yeah I thought of doing that, guess that'll be my last resort. Where is your guy located?

Let me ask you this...is it worth a 40 min. drive to get work done by a certified Cadillac technician and know you're not getting screwed? Another strategy would be to go speak to a salesman, ask him for 5 minutes of his time and have him recommend a caddy tech that might moonlight for extra scratch...and tip the guy $20. i think Englewood Cliffs Cadillac is up near you. Good luck!
That's how i found my guy. I used to be a service writer for BMW and our techs were allowed to come in on saturdays and work on their own stuff.

djais1801
04-01-13, 03:24 PM
Gold Coast Cadillac oakhurst nj...pm me And I will give you his number if that is the route you end up wanting to go

sosatyme72
04-10-13, 08:28 PM
so your mechanic works at a dealership? i still would have to go to dealer anyway then?

Gold Coast Cadillac oakhurst nj...pm me And I will give you his number if that is the route you end up wanting to go

djais1801
04-10-13, 08:57 PM
Yes...but he moonlights on wknds...parts at cost etc..

Mark Edward Morrison
04-10-13, 09:03 PM
My mechanic is a friend of mine and works at a caddy dealership here in Oklahoma and the dealerships lets their mechanics do side jobs when the dealership is slow to keep their mechanics from moving on to other dealerships because there slow. My buddy charges me his cost on parts and then just charges me labor. I do have to work around his schedule but usually he knocks stuff out on Saturdays when he has to work. TRUST me, ask around at your Caddy dealer, I guarantee this is probably done there as well... It will save you a ton of $$ and you have a Cadillac mechanic working on it to truck to boot! Good Luck!

djais1801
04-10-13, 09:09 PM
That's what I have been trying to explain to him.

Mark Edward Morrison
04-10-13, 09:24 PM
I thought you were, that's why I elaborated on what you said.... Sure saves us money, doesn't it!

djais1801
04-10-13, 10:08 PM
Sure does...he rebuilt the front diff in my 03..recently did my 100k tune up, changed steering control buttons, and fixed loose window regulator- charged me $300 including parts

Mark Edward Morrison
04-11-13, 12:06 AM
I know-right, I had the same 100K done on mine a while back and he charged me about the same and changed out my water pump as well! It's GOOD to have a Caddy mechanic to hook you up!

sosatyme72
04-11-13, 12:07 AM
wow sounds good ..can u pm me is info..thanks!

Sure does...he rebuilt the front diff in my 03..recently did my 100k tune up, changed steering control buttons, and fixed loose window regulator- charged me $300 including parts

sosatyme72
05-16-13, 01:16 PM
still looking for a mechanic in the jersey area..if any please let me know..thanks

djais1801
05-16-13, 01:42 PM
Not sure if I suggested this to you already but I think I did… Go to your local Cadillac dealership, talk to a salesman and give him $20 and ask him if he knows any of his mechanics to do work on the side that he would recommend… That is your best bet...good luck!

the cadillac man
05-16-13, 03:30 PM
Not sure if I suggested this to you already but I think I did… Go to your local Cadillac dealership, talk to a salesman and give him $20 and ask him if he knows any of his mechanics to do work on the side that he would recommend… That is your best bet...good luck!

Or talk to the service manager

djais1801
05-16-13, 03:35 PM
Definitely do not! Talk to the service manager… That is how he makes his living he is not going to offer you a technician where money doesn't go in his pocket, stick with the sales department

the cadillac man
05-16-13, 06:54 PM
Definitely do not! Talk to the service manager… That is how he makes his living he is not going to offer you a technician where money doesn't go in his pocket, stick with the sales department

Or talk to one the service guys by themselves

sosatyme72
05-16-13, 11:55 PM
I passes by a local dealership service dept and I asked this one tech out there if he does side work ... he was like no I cant, i would but a few people got caught and them he;s looking around if anyones around...that kinda puzzled me dude was wierd like he didnt want to get caught talking or something...i'll try another dealership..thanks guys

the cadillac man
05-17-13, 03:34 AM
I passes by a local dealership service dept and I asked this one tech out there if he does side work ... he was like no I cant, i would but a few people got caught and them he;s looking around if anyones around...that kinda puzzled me dude was wierd like he didnt want to get caught talking or something...i'll try another dealership..thanks guys

They are really not supposed to do side jobs that is why he acted like he did

djais1801
05-17-13, 02:34 PM
That dealership might not do that...More than likely, you approaching him like that, he thought he was being set up by his boss or someone. It doesn't hurt to go talk to a sales guy and ask if they can recommend a tech that works on older escalades outside of the dealership.