: Clay Bars!

Cadillac Kid03
03-27-13, 01:24 PM
Well i wanted too buy some clay bars at Wal-mart the other day and it was $18.00 for a set! I said no because i could buy it online cheaper. I'm wondering if this will work it says Medium Grade is that good? I'm a alright detailer when it comes down to the interior but the outside of the car i'm a noob and really would not like to mess my paint up.

Here's the links!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3pc-2-4oz-Auto-Detailing-Clay-Bar-204g-Medium-Aggressive-Grade-Miracle-Poly-Bars-/160859879617?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2573fef8c1&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the help fellows
-Not Wes

6lbsofSound
03-28-13, 07:32 PM
I would go with a fine grade clay and a detail spray for a lube. Medium grade is a bit aggressive and can induce marring on the clear coat.

You can also try chemical guys for clay and their detail sprays. Quality products and nothing overly expensive.

Cadillac Kid03
03-28-13, 08:35 PM
I would go with a fine grade clay and a detail spray for a lube. Medium grade is a bit aggressive and can induce marring on the clear coat.

You can also try chemical guys for clay and their detail sprays. Quality products and nothing overly expensive.Thanks for the help but what i notice is most of the clay bars on Ebay are from China! Pretty sad when 90% of em are from there.

6lbsofSound
03-28-13, 08:54 PM
Yeah most will be from china. Give chemical guys a shot. Or go to Adams polishes they are USA based company And back their products 110% plus their detail spray is awesome.

mackey
03-28-13, 09:59 PM
fine grade if you have no intention to polish after. should minimize micromarring

if youre going to spend that much for clay (20ish), try the nanoskin prep sponge or optimum opti-eraser which should last a long time and not run into the danger of being ruined if you accidentally drop it on the ground.

otherwise ebay and get the 200g bars for 3-5ish shipped from china. most clay bars are rebranded and from only a small handful of mfr

Cadillac Kid03
03-29-13, 12:29 PM
Yeah most will be from china. Give chemical guys a shot. Or go to Adams polishes they are USA based company And back their products 110% plus their detail spray is awesome.I see so much things on there site i want that i would have too win the lottery too afford! haha i think i'm going too buy the clay bars and detailer spray from chemical guys.

Submariner409
03-29-13, 04:46 PM
A good paint job/tricoat/clearcoat is well worth taking care of ............ I believe the Japanese were the first to use the clay bar cleaning technique.

Surf through www.autogeek.net
(http://www.autogeek.net)