: STS....what?

06 STS Rob
03-27-13, 12:00 PM
Funny story....
Went to the local GM dealer to pick up a clip for the engine cover that was missing when I bought my V. Told the parts depaertment guy what I needed. "what's this on sir?' 2008 Cadillac STS-V. After he pulled up the CTS-V and shows me the screen, I said S.....TS-V. Again he does the search and turns the screen around showing me the standard STS. Again I explained... This is an STS-V! He replies....I don't see it, are you sure? YES, What engine is in it? 4.4 s/c N*, He gives me a look like I have no idea what I'm talking about..., then asks me for the vin# so I go get the registration from the car. He pulls it up and says, WOW! that is a rare one! I've never even heard of it....
the plastic clip - $7
time it took for the guy to figure out what the heck I was talking about - 15mins
The look on his face when he finally figured out what a bad a** car this is...- priceless!

Fierofiend
03-27-13, 06:26 PM
Part Number? I need a few of those.

06 STS Rob
03-27-13, 06:38 PM
GM# 10382313 I found them on-line cheaper but figured it was just as easy to go to the dealer...

Fierofiend
03-27-13, 09:53 PM
Thanks! Mine are all still there but the tabs on the bottom pieces are all broken off.

Martyn
03-27-13, 10:04 PM
I saw my first sts-v a black on black at a bodyshop in VT a few years back and fell in love with it.

Told myself when I could afford it, I would get one. The day I flew to VA to pick up the car was still one of the funniest days of my life.

I've only seen 1 other V in the almost year Ive had it now. Turns out the guy lives a few towns over and his GF is a friend of one of one of my renters, she was coming out of the rental unit and screamed "OMG my bf has the same car and loves yours"

I'll be driving 95 from NY to Naples fl and back in the next week, maybe i'll spot one or maybe have some fun with something else

carter's_sts
03-28-13, 10:20 AM
I've only had my V for about 6 months and I've seen the same color V twice now. Once was in another state though.

Even the regular STSs are pretty rare to see around here. And most people I know ask how my CTS is. I alway correct them, but they never remember.

06 STS Rob
03-28-13, 12:11 PM
That's one thing that I do enjoy...seeing another V. I've seen 1 since owning mine and probably only 2 others since they came out. My girlfriend insisted that my last STS was not a "cool" car and that I should have purchased a 300C. I seriously see a minimum of 5 300's every day and maybe 1 STS a week. Hind sight, now that she has riden in and driven, (my old one, she's affraid to drive the V) she understands.

Martyn
03-28-13, 05:16 PM
Had the rear hub replaced today at a local GM dealer(I dont have access to a lift and needed it done before a few thousand miles of driving its gonna go through in the next week). Afterwards they were billing it out, they wouldnt believe me the car was RWD (I guess it pays more to replace a hub on the AWD model's) and actually sent a tech out to the parking lot to lay on the ground and look under the car

carter's_sts
03-28-13, 09:30 PM
The 300 is a wanna be luxury car. Dime a dozen.

That's one thing that I do enjoy...seeing another V. I've seen 1 since owning mine and probably only 2 others since they came out. My girlfriend insisted that my last STS was not a "cool" car and that I should have purchased a 300C. I seriously see a minimum of 5 300's every day and maybe 1 STS a week. Hind sight, now that she has riden in and driven, (my old one, she's affraid to drive the V) she understands.

carter's_sts
03-28-13, 09:31 PM
I'd find a different dealer if they seriously think the V is AWD.

Had the rear hub replaced today at a local GM dealer(I dont have access to a lift and needed it done before a few thousand miles of driving its gonna go through in the next week). Afterwards they were billing it out, they wouldnt believe me the car was RWD (I guess it pays more to replace a hub on the AWD model's) and actually sent a tech out to the parking lot to lay on the ground and look under the car

Jailtime
03-29-13, 03:35 AM
There's a Thunder Gray and a really ratty Black Raven STS-V in my area. Lots of V wannabe STS too.

I do get lots of "Is that the one with the Vette motor" questions.