: Cadillac News: The All-New 2014 CTS Sedan Unveiled

Z71
03-27-13, 09:59 AM
Just got an email.....with pic......Ugh---do not like the looks....

View in yourWeb browser (http://emails.cadillac.com/r/r?2.1.3Lq.2lA.11bqLY.CucOEk..H.Knxw.wDg.bW89MSZyc1 9lZT1iWEpoWm1aQVkyaGhjblJsY20xcExtNWxkQV9fJnJzX29j PUgmcnNfYnY9SCZyc19tdj1IJnJzX2t5PTExYnFMWQ%5f%5ffG KNef00)

caddad08
03-27-13, 02:59 PM
here's a side profile - I agree the front profile leaves a lot to be desired. All those hood lines are distracting.

tinman
03-27-13, 03:02 PM
How 'bout them LED's? Not a fan of the whole thing, but as we said earlier on another thread, I have to see it in person. Still, no wagon/coupe. :crying:

928S
03-27-13, 03:53 PM
:thumbdown:

http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/Cadillac/Global/master/nscwebsite/en/home/Vehicles/Future_Vehicles/CTS/Model%20Overview/01_images/2014-cts-future-vehicle-page-footer-thunderclap-no-copy-960x822.jpg

RAB
03-27-13, 04:10 PM
The new STS, er.. CTS appears to be a tale of two cars. A beautiful but probably overdone front, and a not so beautiful disappointing rear. Seems like two separate groups of designers worked on the exterior look of the vehicle - young switched on guys at the front, and a few old geezers at the back!
Overall the look of the car in photos is interesting /okay, but I'll reserve final judgement until I see one in the flesh (metal). I'm still really enthused with my great looking '11 CTS Premium AWD Sedan, and it will be quite a while before I trade it for something else. So far the look of the new CTS in these first few photos I'm looking at isn't inspiring me to change vehicles.

2014 Cadillac CTS
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/RAB_2008/2014-cts-future-vehicle-page-masthead-no-copy-960x590_zpsb2a41c10.jpg

tinman
03-27-13, 04:38 PM
Designed by a committee!

felix711
03-27-13, 07:40 PM
They Totally F Up!!!!

DG2
03-27-13, 10:56 PM
The CTS is such an awesome car and is the car that put Caddy back in the game. I owned gen 1 and lived it. Anytime major changes are made ( C7 Vette) those who currently own the existing models tend not to like but ultimately change their minds. I think it is a very cool looking car and thst it will grow on people. Like the first CTS in ''03 which took the industry by storm , the new one is getting the world talking, looking and soon. Buying. I think it will be huge success

tinman
03-28-13, 08:09 AM
Interesting stats in the Wall St. Journal how Caddy is losing market share to Audi, MB and BMW.

MoFex
03-28-13, 08:15 AM
Interesting stats in the Wall St. Journal how Caddy is losing market share to Audi, MB and BMW.

I am not surprised. Look at the car lineup - Audi, MB and BMW all have all array os cars to choose from. Caddy only had CTS to be honest. Oh and the new ATS......they really need to get XTS (or what ever it will be called) quickly to the market otherwise they will loose more market share...

Twentybucks
03-28-13, 03:02 PM
I like it, looks edgy and mean! Looks like the hood / nose has been stretched a little.

Tedboss1
03-28-13, 04:56 PM
Here is an article that says that sales of Cadillac cars are up 32%.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/03/cadillac-sales-up-32-percent-year-to-date.html

DG2
03-28-13, 11:18 PM
With ATS, CTS,XTS,SRX and Escalade Caddy has a nice lineup. The missing link is the new flagship. Caddy sales are up but they have list market share to the Germans fir years. With these newer cars now being world beaters and must haves I do think Cadillac will turn the tables. and take marketshare from das Germans. I'd beat a years pay on it.

Dirk
03-29-13, 01:43 AM
Glad i'm not the only one....got the email yesterday with the official announcement from Cadillac and was So Disappointed. I thought maybe it was just me...but glad to see i'm not alone. I've had my 2008 CTS the first month it came out and have loved it everyday. Was starting to think it was time for a refresh and i heard the 2014 would be a redesign, so i would wait. But the new look...what were they thinking with that hood? The side view looks nice...but that hood. People are saying negative stuff about the rear, but i can't really see the issue on the rear...but the hood...don't think i can get past that.

Have no other choice to start to now look at others. I want American, but then that only leave the Lincoln MKZ...and not sure i'm ready for a Ford. The Audi A6 has always intrigued me...time to start shopping :(

Jailtime
03-29-13, 02:28 AM
I love the hood lines. I enjoy seeing a long, sculpted hood when I'm driving, part of the reason I like the Jag XJR and my STS-V.

This CTS looks much better as a whole than the spy shots were revealing. At the least, it will stand out instead of blend in with the rest of the luxury jelly bean crowd.

DG2
03-29-13, 07:34 AM
On my way to the NY auto show to see this beast in person. Ill report back soon 🇺🇸.

Dirk
03-31-13, 07:29 PM
Look forward to hearing your view/observations from a "live viewing" :)

DG2
04-01-13, 08:27 AM
Overall I thought they did a very nice job with the CTS. I can see how some CTS owners do not like the rear end as it is not as sporty as the current CTS. As a matter of fact it looks like the XTS and CTS have sex and this is the baby. The front end is really neat and very sporty And the interior quality looks off the charts. I think it will take time for current CTS owners to get used to the new look however the more I observed the car spinning around on the display the more I liked it.

For some reason this is the only pic from my iPhone that will attaché.

dan87951
06-26-13, 01:31 PM
I love the looks of the front of this car. Very well done! The rear on the other hand disappointing!!

snofun3
07-14-13, 05:04 PM
Nice wheels on the one in your picture (I'm a wheel guy, what can I say?) The ones in the original picture look like a cleaning nightmare- these look good.

BEarle
07-15-13, 09:45 AM
They look too small

VaderWS6
07-25-13, 04:52 PM
I think it absolutely sucks ass. It's narrow and tall, long rear end, old people will love it. I see the new ATS and XTS sedans all the time, and totally hate them. The new CTS looks nothing like a sports sedan, the 2nd gen still looks best in my opinion. And the 2nd gen cts-v is still the best looking Cadillac ever made. Hopefully they'll make the Ciel, even though it won't be affordable.

BEarle
07-25-13, 09:51 PM
I don't mind the XTS it def has road presence. I hate the ATS I think it's absolutely boring.

VaderWS6
07-26-13, 06:45 AM
I don't mind the XTS it def has road presence. I hate the ATS I think it's absolutely boring.

Actually I like the ATS better than the XTS. It's the XTS's cheap looking plastic solid silver grill that really turns me off. And how narrow it is, the new Cadillac stance just blows.

BEarle
07-26-13, 10:58 AM
Your right about the platinum grill. I like the base grill better. I love the front and rear of the car but the side view and the stance do suck. Same with the new CTS, I like the car I think it's nice but the stance sucks. One thing about BMW and I'm not a fan of them whatsoever, is they have great stance on all their cars. The ATS to me is just boring there's not one thing I like about the car.