: GPS Upgrade

Vernon Cooke
03-27-13, 09:56 AM
I have an ATS with CUE but no GPS. Since even the electronic compass uses GPS for direction, it would appear all hardware exists sans the enabling software. Is it possible to purchase factory GPS upgrade?

turbo2.0
03-27-13, 10:37 AM
Nothing that I have seen thus far. I have been looking everywhere for it, but with the open app store showing up soon I would expect that there will be someway on the 2014 models to add it since they will have the 4g LTE internet as well.

Bertha D Blues
03-27-13, 01:29 PM
Vernon, I don’t understand you question. Are you referring to GPS or navigation? I don’t have navigation but I’ve used the turn-by-turn feature available through Onstar. It worked perfectly even when I intentionally took a “wrong” turn and it recalculated based on my new course. I think we have built-in GPS because I can locate my car using the Onstar app on my phone. I read in the CUE forum that the built-in navigation system uses a separate GPS system. Adding that requires a different antenna and separate cable along with other things. Bert

wongluk
03-27-13, 01:53 PM
I am under the impression that OnStar and cue don't talk to each other. And you need a new cue unit for cue GPS die to missing antenna and other internal g sensors...

Maybe garmin will come out with its own cue app at a later date, or using Google map

Vernon Cooke
03-29-13, 10:31 AM
My question about an available upgrade was in reference to GPS navigation. I am aware of what OnStar offers.