: Just bought an '08 STS-V

twitt11
03-27-13, 12:22 AM
I'm 23 so I'm not exactly in the prime age of most Cadillac enthusiasts, so I have to come here to get my fix. When I turned 16 I bought a pristine white '88 Coupe DeVille with white & red two-tone leather... absolutely loved the car and hated to eventually drive something else, but when I turned 20 I inherited a black '01 DTS that was in the family and I couldn't pass it up. Had 4 good years with that car (and 214,000 miles), but I've put enough money into it so I decided it was time to move on again.

I just bought a 2008 STS-V. I am loving everything about it. Was a little skeptical on going RWD, and am a little worried about having major issues-- obviously that can come with the higher end cars, but after scanning though here it sounds like most people are satisfied. The only thing the '01 DTS could compete with is the sound system. Both are the Bose systems, but I swear they put in a higher quality system in that '01 DTS than any other car I've been in (maybe besides those guys that spend $2-3k on after-market stereo equipment).

Looking forward to letting it stretch its legs a little bit, though! Any advice for things to monitor on the STS-V that I should keep in mind?

Thanks!

Guy.Seminerio
03-27-13, 12:33 AM
Welcome man. I'm 24. Just picked up my 09 maybe a month ago. Before that I have a 79 Coupe Deville. Beautiful. Two tone silver and black. still have it. Bought and sold a 2002 Eldorado ETC, 1999 Deville, 2004 DTS, 2007 STS V8 and now my current car. Pretty sure the current sound system sounds better than the one in my 2004 DTS did but thats just me. This car is on a whole different league than our previous cars though. Great car. Yours looks good. You'll enjoy every single drive. That's what makes it worth it. Good luck.

06 STS Rob
03-27-13, 12:44 AM
Welcome. Nice ride man.

Jailtime
03-27-13, 04:19 AM
Nice V. Have fun taking care of that black raven paint. Yeah, mine's black too. :D

I had a 96 SLS and an 03 STS before I got into the V.

Nimoch
03-27-13, 10:54 AM
^^ QFT! I am a new owner as well; in the third week of my perma-smile. Had an old fashioned hand-wash shop take good care of her just for a 45mph dust storm blow in three hours later. But for 2 hours she is a head turner! I've only had older gentlemen comment on the V; seems like they are the only ones who know what's up. Very fun to have silver-haired businessmen gawk at your ride. Congrats again!

zek4964
03-27-13, 11:23 AM
I have been milling around about a 2008 STS v with 30k on it they want 30k for it too. Can I ask how your deal was? I think it is too much money 30k for a 5 yr old car, but I am tired of thinking about it this car is haunting me. I want it sooooo bad.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-27-13, 12:10 PM
This is great news, twitt11! Thanks for sharing your experience so far, and congratulations on your STS-V! If you ever have vehicle questions, Customer Service is happy to investigate for you, and we're available via private message.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

boomys10
03-27-13, 12:15 PM
just stay on the oil honestly. the car is pretty solid. just normal maintence. oil and fluids and u should be good no issues.

ChurchSTSV
03-27-13, 01:49 PM
Congrats! Black is awesome when it is clean! Which is never.

06 STS Rob
03-27-13, 01:54 PM
I have been milling around about a 2008 STS v with 30k on it they want 30k for it too. Can I ask how your deal was? I think it is too much money 30k for a 5 yr old car, but I am tired of thinking about it this car is haunting me. I want it sooooo bad.

Just do it, you won't be dissapointed. FYI, I got my 08 with 48k for $29k and never felt buyers remorse... I do still have a little bit of time left on the powertrain warrenty and purchased it from a Cadillac dealer.

carter's_sts
03-27-13, 08:24 PM
That's funny. I've noticed that too. Just the other day I had an older guy ask "Is that just a kick in the pants to drive?" Actually I guess it was a few weeks ago, but I still remember it. Other people check out the Silver Bullet, but it seems like they like it the most.

I've only had older gentlemen comment on the V; seems like they are the only ones who know what's up. Very fun to have silver-haired businessmen gawk at your ride. Congrats again!

terrydactul
03-29-13, 05:34 PM
It's always nice to see some younger people buying these awesome cars, I'm now 20 an I had bought my 06 V when I was 18. People just don't know what they are missing for such a reasonable price! Have fun !

Guy.Seminerio
03-31-13, 03:01 PM
Bought my 09 with around 48k miles for 35g's just over a month ago. Buy it.

Nimoch
03-31-13, 11:04 PM
It's always nice to see some younger people buying these awesome cars, I'm now 20 an I had bought my 06 V when I was 18. People just don't know what they are missing for such a reasonable price! Have fun !

I don't think I'd still be alive ifi had this car at 20. Kudos to you. Any pics from the op?

----------

I don't think I'd still be alive ifi had this car at 20. Kudos to you. Any pics from the op?

*more pics