: 2014 cts

Guy.Seminerio
03-26-13, 09:00 PM
Well the live reveal of the 2014 CTS ended a few minutes ago. I'm sure videos of it are available. Of course we knew about the TTV6 pushing 420 ponies giving it 0-60 in about 4.5. The guy on the reveal says 3600lbs. Now they're going to have a v sport model, kind of like M sport i imagine. Thoughts? The car is similar in size and performance to ours. Good looking. Gorgeous interior. Any future owners?

Nimoch
03-26-13, 10:40 PM
2014 model in 2020 looks good to me. :)

PGA2B
03-26-13, 11:44 PM
Once the TRUE V version is available I'm in. I like it.

I expect it to come out in 2015 as they skipped a year when they did the V2 in 2008.

Guy.Seminerio
03-26-13, 11:51 PM
0-60 in ~4.5 for the TTV6.. very excited to hear the 3rd gen CTS-V numbers. But a few years after it comes out, I'd definitely pick up a CTS with the TTv6. The interior on that thing is freakin gorgeous. Just beautiful. DO any of the 2nd gen CTS-Vs offer HUD?

Jailtime
03-27-13, 04:22 AM
Beautiful car, but I'm not happy about a V6 CTS being faster than my V. Time for more mods.

Anyone else notice the neutered V badge for the "V Sport" package? http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1303_2014_cadillac_cts_first_look/photo_03.html Last photo in the gallery.

Fierofiend
03-27-13, 09:14 AM
Link to 'v' logo picture:

http://www.motortrend.com/pages/getimage.aspx?url=http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/sedans/1303_2014_cadillac_cts_first_look/49252494/2014-Cadillac-CTS-18.jpg

PGA2B
03-27-13, 04:49 PM
That is the Vsport badge not the V Series badge. There will not be a CTS-V until 2015 or 2016. The Vsport is to compete with the Msport BMW and the Mercedes sport series. The V Series will still compete with the M Series BMW and E Series Mercedes.

Guy.Seminerio
03-27-13, 06:03 PM
Yes pga2b that's correct. Dont think anyone was making that mistake. Nevertheless, a very nice car with performance to match.

GizmoQ
03-28-13, 02:58 AM
:Offtopic::Offtopic::Offtopic::Offtopic::Offtopic: :Offtopic::Offtopic::Offtopic::Offtopic::Offtopic: :Offtopic::Offtopic:

Guys..... we have a whole forum dedicated to the CTS. and discussions about the reveal everywhere.

carter's_sts
03-28-13, 10:06 AM
This is on topic. Does anyone know yet how the size compares to the STS, both inside an out? This could be a replacement some day for my STSs, but I won't go any smaller.

youknooow
03-31-13, 08:14 PM
:Offtopic::Offtopic::Offtopic::Offtopic::Offtopic: :Offtopic::Offtopic::Offtopic::Offtopic::Offtopic: :Offtopic::Offtopic:

Guys..... we have a whole forum dedicated to the CTS. and discussions about the reveal everywhere.

True but here we can discuss the opinions of the 2014 CTS only from STS-V owner's perspectives.

GizmoQ
03-31-13, 11:57 PM
True but here we can discuss the opinions of the 2014 CTS only from STS-V owner's perspectives.

:gg::thumbsup:

:food-snacking:

Guy.Seminerio
04-01-13, 05:11 PM
Bingo that's why I started it here. Not that I checked, but I was sure there were 14 CTS forums open elsewhere, but this car is similar in size and power to ours.

carter's_sts
04-01-13, 06:21 PM
I was reading in one of the threads in the new CTS forum about the interior size and it looks like It's not any bigger than the current CTS. If true, that sucks because I have always found those to be cramped. Not because of my size, just because I hate small cars.

boomys10
04-01-13, 09:37 PM
i wont buy a new cts-v due to that and the damned things falling apart off the factory line. i drive the crap outta my cars and need something that will hold up better than all that. lol

Guy.Seminerio
04-01-13, 11:23 PM
Well I really hope those last two things aren't true. Interior size is the same as the current CTS even though GM increased the exterior size to line up with the E class and 5 Series? Hope not. And that it's falling apart on the assembly line? Hopefully we're still talking pre production. The ones that'll be crash tested, automotive media tested, etc. First gen II CTS with the 3.6L DI engine had some pretty major issue with the engine that was corrected in 2010. Pretty major I think. Hopefully there's nothing like that. Of course on the first model year of a new car we unfortunately "expect" some issues.

carter's_sts
04-01-13, 11:54 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3269864

Guy.Seminerio
04-02-13, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the link. On the forum there's a link to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb8uLMX1H4s where cars.com talks about the car. One thing mentioned is the CTS's length is up by 5 inches, but the wheelbase is only up by 1. When I saw that I remembered something I read about the new CTS last week that said that most of the increased length went to rear overhang. And on the link to the forum you sent, one guy mentions something about the trunk being bigger so that seems to be the culprit. Almost half a foot longer overall, only an inch between the wheels, so the 4 remaining inches presumably is aft of the rear axle. I guess that's why the rear legroom isn't anything to write home about. Funny thing is the ATS gets a lot of complaints from automotive media for its lack of legroom in the back relative to its competitors. Only thing is the trunk space is still tiny relative to its competitors because of packaging issues with the rear suspension. Maybe the packaging of the rear suspension was an issue on the CTS as well (it does share the same chassis as the ATS) and so they tried to make up for it by adding 4 inches of rear overhang. I guess a tiny (10 cu in) trunk in the ATS, a small sports sedan, is an annoyance, but a tiny trunk on a midsize to large sedan is unacceptable. I'm giving GM the benefit of the doubt here. I personally think that if you increase the overall length of the car, the length between the wheels needs to increase proportionately, or MORE so than the overall length did. Bottom line is it looks like if rear legroom is a big deal for someone, the 2014 CTS aint the car for them. That's too bad. Can't win em all I guess.

carter's_sts
04-02-13, 02:33 AM
Agreed, but also those dimensions make it look like the interior is no (or not anything that counts) bigger at all. I'll check them out when my dealer gets them for sure, but I can't see getting one if it's smaller than what I have.

youknooow
04-02-13, 08:27 AM
I find it interesting that the Vsport is only available in rear-wheel drive but the same engine will be offered in the XTS which is either front wheel drive or rear wheel drive. I'm assuming Cadillac doesn't plan to offer a 400+ HP front wheel drive vehicle...

Guy.Seminerio
04-03-13, 11:09 PM
Yeah I read it was not going to have as much power in the XTS. I also read that the CTS with the TTv6 will eventually be offered with AWD. And yeah carter I looked at interior dimensions of our car vs the CTS, and its a considerable difference. Exterior, very close though. We're still a little bigger overall. For being so close in exterior dimensions, we're far in interior. Too bad we're not as light as the CTS.