: Strange Question but American guys will know.

John P
03-26-13, 05:24 PM
I live in Scotland, UK.
I want to change the 22's on my Escalade as the current ones are a mess.
Buying wheels used from the US is cheaper but worried about how to go about it. I can get them shipped from Florida by a UK company but how do I ensure I don't get ripped off by someone after paying for them via Craigslist etc and trusting them to send them?

Any ideas appreciated or advice!

6lbsofSound
03-26-13, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't buy them from craigslist. I would go either through a reputable company that specializes in take offs or find someone on eBay that I willing to work with you.

djais1801
03-26-13, 06:59 PM
x2 i would never deal with CL any further than a local sale to be picked up/inspected personally. That's an intensive process with shipping, etc.
you'd have to find someone willing to look at them for you, package them safely, ship them, etc.

Here's an american phrase "Save a nickel...Spend a dime". Go right to a reputable dealer, and/or ebay store with good ratings.

John P
03-26-13, 07:21 PM
Really is it that bad? Any known company's that deal with second hand wheels?

Thanks for replying!

6lbsofSound
03-26-13, 07:47 PM
You would need to do some hunting for tire places that work with take offs. Most usually list on eBay. I still think eBay is your best bet. I have done the opposite with my VW and had rims shipped from the UK and Germany. It cost a bit to get them here but you have to pay to play.

Black88GTA
03-26-13, 10:58 PM
Only way I'd deal with US CL from overseas is if I had someone I trusted local to the seller that could act as my "middle man". I pay middle man, he pays seller and picks up wheels IN PERSON, middle man sends me the wheels. Of course, I don't want to know what shipping a set of wheels from the US to Scotland would cost.