: Front Tweeter Soeaker Blown

jacob9582
03-26-13, 08:59 AM
I have an 05 base model and the front right speaker that sits on the windshield frame is blown. Anyone know the model number so I can order a new one or where I can find one reasonably?

Thanks!

the cadillac man
03-26-13, 12:47 PM
I have an 05 base model and the front right speaker that sits on the windshield frame is blown. Anyone know the model number so I can order a new one or where I can find one reasonably?

Thanks!

The Bose speaker system is the same no matter which of the gm brands its in so you just have to search for the right front Bose tweeter
You can get them from the dealer but it is pricey

John P
03-26-13, 04:32 PM
I've just ripped all if mine out and replaced with JL Audio components and amps. You could have had it for free but I'm in Scotland.

the cadillac man
03-26-13, 04:40 PM
I've just ripped all if mine out and replaced with JL Audio components and amps. You could have had it for free but I'm in Scotland.

I did the same but I have infinity speakers in my truck I would give him a tweeter but someone is already buying my old speakers

John P
03-26-13, 05:26 PM
I managed to get past that connector in the rear door by the way. I just made a gap through the spare hole in the connector and got my speaker wire through that way. Just waiting on my 2 sets of comps arriving and ill be good to go.

Don't think it would be worth me shipping it out to him would it?

the cadillac man
03-26-13, 07:18 PM
I managed to get past that connector in the rear door by the way. I just made a gap through the spare hole in the connector and got my speaker wire through that way. Just waiting on my 2 sets of comps arriving and ill be good to go.

Don't think it would be worth me shipping it out to him would it?

It's up to you as these Bose speakers pull a lot more then you think

jacob9582
03-26-13, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the replies, how much would the shipping cost? I found a tweeter on eBay for 29.99 free shipping but I am hesitant because the seller has no feedback or history.

the cadillac man
03-27-13, 02:15 AM
Thanks for the replies, how much would the shipping cost? I found a tweeter on eBay for 29.99 free shipping but I am hesitant because the seller has no feedback or history.

FYI be weary about that as I had a deal like that on a game once and never got the game or my money back

You can post a want ad in the classifieds section and expand your sources that way