: Speedometer Problem...fixed!!!

LongRX7
03-26-13, 12:51 AM
Just did this simple fix on my 05 Escalade. Not too difficult if I can do it. Cheaper than paying someone to do. Speedo was working intermittently..showing incorrect speed, not working. Just replaced the stepper motor for the speedo and while I was there went ahead and replaced the one for the RPM and fuel guage too. Tested against my GPS and I'm showing on the speedo 1-2 miles faster than the GPS. I can live with that...rather actually be going 1-2 miles slower than one or 2 miles faster....

lol before...
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z4/LongRX7/IMG_0755_zps721deb98.jpg

the cadillac man
03-26-13, 01:20 AM
Just did this simple fix on my 05 Escalade. Not too difficult if I can do it. Cheaper than paying someone to do. Speedo was working intermittently..showing incorrect speed, not working. Just replaced the stepper motor for the speedo and while I was there went ahead and replaced the one for the RPM and fuel guage too. Tested against my GPS and I'm showing on the speedo 1-2 miles faster than the GPS. I can live with that...rather actually be going 1-2 miles slower than one or 2 miles faster....

lol before...

I think I would be worried but luckily I have a GPS speedometer as part of the app for my radar detector
I don't want to know what a cop would say if he seen that

jnrsesv
03-26-13, 06:32 AM
heh heh heh Long, my speedo is 2 MPH faster than actual speed according to GPS and my OBDII. I could readjust the needle but.......

LongRX7
03-26-13, 12:02 PM
I might go back in and nudge it down a tad after work...

----------

heh heh heh Long, my speedo is 2 MPH faster than actual speed according to GPS and my OBDII. I could readjust the needle but.......

Gonna tackle the steering wheel stereo control using your DIY...thanks for that...

YoshiMan
03-27-13, 04:44 PM
2300 RPMs at 120 MPH? now THAT is a highway cruiser! :D