jweymar
03-26-13, 01:18 AM
See ya guys

Naf
03-26-13, 03:27 AM
looks mean...And original...

AAIIIC
03-26-13, 09:07 AM
I like pictures with no explanation whatsoever.

Naf
03-26-13, 09:59 AM
Its no Naf hood, but it is an original i will give him that...

SKEEL44
03-26-13, 12:15 PM
Where did you get the hood and what kind of cost???

jweymar
03-26-13, 07:48 PM
Whatever i dont even know why i bothered, i guess i thought someone might be interested or appreciate it.

C ya

odthetruth
03-26-13, 08:01 PM
Whatever i dont even know why i bothered, i guess i thought someone might be interested or appreciate it.

C ya

I think a few of us would like a bit more info behind it. How much did it run you? Did you personally custom fab it?

SKEEL44
03-26-13, 08:04 PM

C ya

I think it looks really awesome, I would also be interested in one for my ride too. Any info on it would be great! Looks awesome good job.

FuzzyLogic
03-26-13, 08:06 PM

C ya

Try including some text with your photos, and people might respond more strongly to it.

rand49er
03-26-13, 09:17 PM
Pictures? I think his post has been edited, and any pics are gone.

FuzzyLogic
03-26-13, 09:54 PM
Pictures? I think his post has been edited, and any pics are gone.

Yep. But you can find them here:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1634040-extractor-hood.html

Apparently we didn't stoke his ego enough.

verywhitedevil
03-27-13, 12:20 AM
good idea, just not sure i like two openings so far apart. either needs another one and closer together or just one or something....

J W
03-27-13, 12:59 AM
He took the pics off of there also

AAIIIC
03-27-13, 08:55 AM

C ya
Are you new to the internet or something? You don't think it's a bit stupid to post up pictures of a new hood style with no explanation at all? How many different threads here have discussed extractor hoods, and you post a picture of a new one with zero information about it? Where did it come from? Did you have it custom made or is some company producing that design? How much did it cost? Did you weigh it - how does it compare to the stocker? Do the vents have some sort of removeable rain guards, or are they always open? Has the venting helped your coolant and oil temps? Does the front end feel more planted at speed? etc etc etc...

You're not new to this site, so I would think you know that folks here are starved for information about new products, yet you provided nothing but a few cellphone pics.

He took the pics off of there also
Pics were apparently put back up on ls1tech at some point between about 7:15am and 7:45am (eastern), because I can see them over there (but people had posted before me that they were gone).

rand49er
03-27-13, 10:22 AM
Yep. But you can find them here:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1634040-extractor-hood.html

Apparently we didn't stoke his ego enough.Apparently they didn't over there, either. They're gone.

AAIIIC
03-27-13, 02:50 PM
I saved the pics off ls1tech this morning before they were deleted. I'll post them up from home after work today.

rand49er
03-27-13, 03:08 PM
I saved the pics off ls1tech this morning before they were deleted. I'll post them up from home after work today.Wonder if he violated some agreement or something. Doesn't make sense that he quickly took them down. Either he wasn't suppose to post them or his ego got bruised somehow though I don't see it in the posts other than people wanting to know some info and talking about the lack of it. It was all mostly good from what I saw.

AAIIIC
03-27-13, 06:45 PM
Based on his first reply it certainly seems like a bruised ego situation, although I agree that I don't see why.

http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Pictures/CTS-V%20pics/Dress%20Up%20Mods/Exterior/vented%20hood1.jpg

http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Pictures/CTS-V%20pics/Dress%20Up%20Mods/Exterior/vented%20hood2.jpg

http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Pictures/CTS-V%20pics/Dress%20Up%20Mods/Exterior/vented%20hood3.jpg

rand49er
03-27-13, 09:05 PM
Not my cup of tea, but I can see a lot of guys wanting to know ALL about that hood.

BigDaddy-V
03-30-13, 09:50 AM
I agree after finally seeing the pics. I love the sleeper factory hood but have kicked around the idea of a little cowl for better cooling under there.

HAMSTAR
03-30-13, 11:29 AM
Well, I think this is the best looking hood I've ever seen on a V1.

ranger2525
03-30-13, 11:36 AM
It would look awesome with my new paint. Please tell me more!!!!

JDB
03-30-13, 02:48 PM
Do people put these in an aero tunnel or just blindly cut holes in the hopes it actually works?

What's next...speed holes in the bumper?

Naf
03-31-13, 10:18 AM
more blind then calculated...

I have learnt that the first 1/2 of the hood is good for stopped positions, and the back half is great for motion, unless you are runnin a bug deflector, then its good all the time...

runsfromdacops
03-31-13, 03:18 PM
Do people put these in an aero tunnel or just blindly cut holes in the hopes it actually works?

What's next...speed holes in the bumper?

Yes becuse most of us have access to wind tunnel testing....

And every one that buys coilovers has a shock dyno in there garage.

Motown Cad
03-31-13, 04:03 PM
Weird, boy should come back since he's getting his strokes lol. Anyways, hood is cool, but vents should be slightly curved of "v'ed" to match front end lines on car. Interesting.

Side note: I think I'm going to tackle front under tray splitter template this spring.

FuzzyLogic
03-31-13, 05:26 PM
If you can make copies, I'm in.

JDB
04-02-13, 12:31 PM
Yes becuse most of us have access to wind tunnel testing....

And every one that buys coilovers has a shock dyno in there garage.

Apples and oranges when you can actually feel what suspension mods are doing.

At least my butt dyno works :D

lollygagger8
04-02-13, 01:34 PM
He should put a red light that sweeps back and forth in the slit.

xbladr
04-02-13, 03:28 PM
Weird, boy should come back since he's getting his strokes lol. Anyways, hood is cool, but vents should be slightly curved of "v'ed" to match front end lines on car. Interesting.

Side note: I think I'm going to tackle front under tray splitter template this spring.

Motown i think a majority of the community would like a tray/splitter/lip

sssnake
04-02-13, 03:29 PM
He should put a red light that sweeps back and forth in the slit.

I figured you were too young for night rider references.

lollygagger8
04-02-13, 04:12 PM
I figured you were too young for night rider references.

dananananananananananananana danananaananananannaananana

trukk
04-08-13, 07:47 PM
2004 called: Said Lastss cheese grater hood is da best heat extractor eva!

-Chris