: Stock stereo is on its way out!

Scott2012
03-25-13, 11:35 PM
I'm pretty tired of the stock nav unit and have ordered all new equipt. I should have it all in in the next few weeks. Going a little old school with some of it:

Pioneer avic-z140 nav
Pioneer Sirius
Eclipse 8062 6.5" front components
Patriot 5.25 mids with passive band pass xovers
Boston Proseries 12.4 12" subs x2 sealed
Xtant 403a amp (front/rear)
Soundstream Reference 1.500 mon amp (subs)
***(Will be swapping out Soundstream when Xtant 1001d is repaired)***

So, this should solve my itch for something a "tad" better than Bose. :) Next weekend I'll post some pics as I go.

onebadcadi
03-26-13, 04:15 AM
Are you doing the stock CTS radio center stack mod so you can keep your DIC? or just replacing the whole thing?

thebigjimsho
03-26-13, 12:38 PM
What vintage xtant and Soundstream? If you tell me late 90s/early 2000s, I will be a fan...

Scott2012
03-26-13, 05:46 PM
Are you doing the stock CTS radio center stack mod so you can keep your DIC? or just replacing the whole thing?

Thought about stock CTS mod, but decided to just replace the whole thing. Like many who have I really don't use the DIC stuff much :)

----------

What vintage xtant and Soundstream? If you tell me late 90s/early 2000s, I will be a fan...

You got it! Everything old school except the pioneer head unit/sat radio
Nothing beats the soundstream and xtant stuff made in USA!

----------

Meant to ask- anyone know if the VVS wire is in the harness? A little research indicates it may be a brown wire. Thanks!

onebadcadi
03-27-13, 05:00 AM
from the looks of it, it is a brown wire ( see attached wiring diagram) and im in the middle of the center stack mod. haha . just love my dic that much .

Scott2012
03-27-13, 06:34 PM
Great work! I gave that some thought too- ill go there if I miss DIC :)
Thanks much!!

thebigjimsho
04-04-13, 05:40 PM
Thought about stock CTS mod, but decided to just replace the whole thing. Like many who have I really don't use the DIC stuff much :)

----------

You got it! Everything old school except the pioneer head unit/sat radio
Nothing beats the soundstream and xtant stuff made in USA!

----------

Meant to ask- anyone know if the VVS wire is in the harness? A little research indicates it may be a brown wire. Thanks!

Well, I'll always argue for my favorite maker ever...a/d/s/

But the 90s were so amazing for car audio. The above mentioned, Lanzar, MTX, Audison, Precision Power, Adcom, MB Quart, McIntosh, etc...

Scott2012
04-04-13, 09:22 PM
Yes- totally! Some great products for sure back the... I just received my class a 6.0. Even though the xtant is awesome, I'll be switching to soundstream this weekend :)