: Magnaflow

jc09ctsv
03-25-13, 10:53 PM
What is anyone's experience with this exhaust system? How does it compare to SSW exhaust or the corsa or any other? I can get a smoking deal on the magnaflow is why I ask. Any feedback would be great.

Trapspeed
03-26-13, 08:26 AM
I've had my share of a few systems and simple mufflers. For power reasons, they'll be about the same across the board. The sound differences are biggest. Magnaflow always had a great sound with good power increases (relatively speaking). Corsa was good, too, but more expensive. Never had a SSW system.

FSTCDY
03-30-13, 05:08 PM
I am running Magnaflows now, sound great, look great and much cheaper than Corsa by far. I went with the stainless 4inch round race series.

jc09ctsv
03-30-13, 07:26 PM
I am running Magnaflows now, sound great, look great and much cheaper than Corsa by far. I went with the stainless 4inch round race series.

Yeah I think I've made my mind up I'm going with the magnaflow also

Wannago
03-31-13, 11:34 AM

Got a sound clip/video by chance?

1997BlackETC
04-01-13, 01:14 AM
I like the sound of the Magnaflows, I got a pair on my 2009 Chevy Colorado 5.3 V8. The only thing to consider is they seem to get more quiet as the engine revs more and are louder at the lower RPMS/Idle, whereas the Corsa is the opposite, it really gets loud during max flow and more quiet at idle. I think it has to do with the fact the Magnaflow's are a straight through design and the Corsa is a reflective baffle type muffler, two different beast's I do kinda like it louder when under wide open throttle, but no way in hell am I going to pay a grand for a pair of mufflers, that's just crazy, they should be gold plated for that kind of money, so if I do anything it may be a Magnaflow retrofit which I can do for a two or three hundred bucks and some welding rods.

FSTCDY
04-01-13, 01:16 AM
Got a sound clip/video by chance?

I can take one and post it for ya.

Wannago
04-01-13, 01:34 AM
I can take one and post it for ya.

Yes please and thanks.