: 2005 Escalade ESV Traction Activation from a stop after replacing 4 rotors and pads

Gzan
03-25-13, 08:41 PM
Traction Activation from a stop after replacing 4 rotors and pads.
I just completed replacing both front and back rotors and pads on my 2005 Escalade ESV.
I used the truck on and off all day Sunday, while return home from work on Monday every time I had to start off
from a dead stop the Traction Activation would kick in and I would lose all power, feeling like the truck didn't want to go into first gear.
Then it would pick up after whining a little. Brake fluid is good and clean, brakes are tight.
I can turn off the Traction Activation using the button on the dash board, doing this allows the truck to drive normally.
Please advise

the cadillac man
03-25-13, 09:37 PM
I just completed replacing both front and back rotors and pads on my 2005 Escalade ESV.
I used the truck on and off all day Sunday, while return home from work on Monday every time I had to start off
from a dead stop the Traction Activation would kick in and I would lose all power, feeling like the truck didn't want to go into first gear.
Then it would pick up after whining a little. Brake fluid is good and clean, brakes are tight.
I can turn off the Traction Activation using the button on the dash board, doing this allows the truck to drive normally.
Please advise

Try turning the system off(its the button with car and lines on it) and see if the truck still does the same as it sounds like a bad wheel sensor

Black88GTA
03-27-13, 02:56 AM
Please advise

Maybe you knocked a wire for a wheel sensor loose while you were messing around down there? First thing I'd check is to make sure all the wheel sensor wiring connections were in place, and that none of the wires are cut or frayed. The fact that it's acting up doesn't necessarily mean that a sensor is bad, just that it's not receiving a signal (or the expected signal) from it.

Gzan
03-27-13, 07:50 AM
Taking the truck to my service station to put it up on the lift to check the sensor wires.
Also I want to see if there is an error code, possibly telling which sensor to look at.
Will post again later this afternoon.

Gzan
03-27-13, 10:13 AM
Well just the truck off the lift and found the ABS Sensor wire melted to the Wheel hub.
New Sensor wire assembly only $71 no bad should go in pretty easy.
Service guy said it didn't just happen, this took a while to burn through.

the cadillac man
03-27-13, 12:11 PM
Well just the truck off the lift and found the ABS Sensor wire melted to the Wheel hub.
New Sensor wire assembly only $71 no bad should go in pretty easy.
Service guy said it didn't just happen, this took a while to burn through.

Wow at least that was all it was sometimes the whole hub has to be replaced due to a defective sensor

Gzan
03-27-13, 01:11 PM
Yes in that aspect I was lucky. But, I still have the "Traction Activation" kicking in from a dead stop.
Do you know if there is something that needs to be reset or does it just take time to reset itself, kinda like the tire sensors?

Gzan
03-27-13, 09:27 PM
I replaced the Caliper and hose assembly, bleed the brakes from the furthest point first ending at the new Caliper.
Brakes are real nice and tight except when I stop the pedal stops the truck then I get a strange growl and the pedal slips.
When this happens the truck pulls left. The "Traction Activation" still kicks in from a dead stop.
Also when I start I get a growling noise from the left front.

I really need some help here and fast

the cadillac man
03-27-13, 10:49 PM
I replaced the Caliper and hose assembly, bleed the brakes from the furthest point first ending at the new Caliper.
Brakes are real nice and tight except when I stop the pedal stops the truck then I get a strange growl and the pedal slips.
When this happens the truck pulls left. The "Traction Activation" still kicks in from a dead stop.
Also when I start I get a growling noise from the left front.

I really need some help here and fast

Sounds like a wheel speed sensor in the left front

Gzan
03-28-13, 08:04 AM
If I replaced the cable shouldn't that have be enough or is there another part to the sensor in the hub, which now also needs to be replaced?

Gzan
03-29-13, 03:33 PM
Replaced the Left front hub and sensor. Didn't fix the problem.
Reset all computer error codes and started from scratch, found left front no registering the Speed stays at 3 mph.
Replaced the sensor, still have the issue.
I am going crazy fixing this truck.

the cadillac man
03-29-13, 05:08 PM
Replaced the Left front hub and sensor. Didn't fix the problem.
Reset all computer error codes and started from scratch, found left front no registering the Speed stays at 3 mph.
Replaced the sensor, still have the issue.
I am going crazy fixing this truck.

Check the wiring if that checks out then the PCM would be the culprit