: Triple digit cruising

kipsts
03-25-13, 07:38 PM
Hypothetically I might just have taken SilverFox out to the desert today for some extended high speed runs. If I had done it ;) ;) , I would be reporting that "the car performed flawlessly. On two runs each of about 15 to 25 minutes duration I stopped accelerating at 135 and held it there enjoying the incredibly stable and quite cruise. I had it in sport FWIW and there certainly was power to spare even at that speed. There was absolutely no wander, vibration or any issues. The engine temp stayed in the cool range (below the half way point) the entire time. The ambient temp was in the upper 70s. I took precautions to only do it on a long stretch of road where you can comfortably see the horizon and with no other cars on it. A most impressive and well put together Cadillac!" :cool2:

Radmanna
03-26-13, 06:40 PM
Your license and vehicle registration please . . .

kipsts
03-26-13, 06:42 PM
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around...:D

CDN XTS
03-26-13, 08:40 PM
WOW, so the XTS would be a good cruiser on the Autobahn, although even at 216 km/hr it would sometimes be passed, as I remember when a friend of mine took me to the Frankfurt Airport in his big Audi and after passing 280 km/hr, I was glad when we hit a section where there was a speed limit of 130 km/hr. LOL They just tailgate too often over there at high speed, not what I was taught when attending driving school in Germany in the mid 1950's (when there wasn't even a speed limit in cities - but not many cars either - other than at dangerous corners).

kipsts
03-26-13, 08:58 PM
From my experience driving on the Autobahn, the XTS would be outstanding to have there for sure. Very stable and nimble and great stopping power as well. :cool2: