: Water leak through tailgate.

John P
03-25-13, 02:22 PM
Iv noticed after washing the car or heavy rain that when you open the tailgate water pisses out of the actual tailgate. Iv tried taking the panel off on the hatch but nothing obvious. Any idea's fellas?

DrToonz
04-07-13, 11:40 PM
I have the same problem.
No rain seems to be getting into the door itself, but just between the exterior trim panels and the door itself.
The water gathers there and then spills out on the left and right when the gate is lifted.
I don't know if it is a problem as far as paint/rust/damage go, but it is quite annoying when these relatively large streams of water pour out from under the trim when you open the gate after a rain or a wash.
Any ideas of how to stop this (either keeping the water out in the first place or allowing it to properly drain so it doesn't collect.
?

LACbaby
04-26-13, 05:08 PM
I have the same problem. I actually ordered the seal that goes on cover #3. It seems there is a small gap between cover and tailgate when closed. I'm guessing the seals over time shrink from being old? Causing gaps? I will find out but you guys might want to check that. Seal was not cheap, $80 or so from dealer and that was at a discounted rate.

rgrumbir
05-20-13, 08:04 PM
I have the same problem on my 2003. Let me know how the seal replacement works - actually what seal? I could not find it on the GMpartsgiant website