: 18" Performance Wheels on Luxury Trim?

FluxTZ
03-25-13, 01:58 AM
Hey All,

Will the 18" Performance wheels (the sporty/aggressive 18s) with the 18x8 and 18x9 staggered set up fit on the ATS Luxury? My theory is as long as the bolt pattern and offsets are the same, which I'm assuming they would be, I don't see any issues.

While I love the look of the ATS Performance with the optional 18" sport wheels, I really don't need a lot of the bells and whistles that come with the trim/package. I really only like the optional wheels and HID headlamps/fogs. I can live without the HID lights and I know it's not technically a normal option but if the 18" Performance wheels actually fit on the Luxury I figure that might be a good way to go.

FDNY-L107
03-25-13, 10:43 AM
Forgeline wheels. They can make you a set of any size.

I have a set on my Camaro and they are very nice.

rocco11189
03-25-13, 06:32 PM
FDNY where did you order the wheels from and were they relatively cheap?

FluxTZ
03-25-13, 08:56 PM
Cadillac dealer is trying to tell me the only way I'd be able to get the 18" Performance trim wheel option is post-sale through the aftermarket sales group and likely at a premium.

I get they want incentive for people to purchase the Performance trim outright but considering upgrading to the 18" wheel option costs the exact same between the Luxury and Performance trim this shouldn't be an issue.

marktanner
03-26-13, 12:43 AM
The luxury has 18" polished wheels as an upgrade from the factory. The performance offers the machined 18s for the same money. Both are non staggered. Only the premium has the staggered set-up, and both wheel styles are available. While the staggered wheels should fit, the handling balance will be off, as the sport suspension isn't calibrated for that set-up. Only the FE3 on the premium is designed for the stagger. The look with the non-staggered set-up isn't notably different, IMO.

For your purposes, the performance trim might still be a better choice. You could get the wheels you want, plus the HID lights are considerably more effective, the LEDs look better, and the performance seats are much more comfortable and supportive, IMO. You can get all that for just a couple of grand more. Long term, you would probably be happier.