: Google Maps from phone to speakers

funstuff234
03-25-13, 12:36 AM
Hello,

I have a 2013 SRX luxury w/out nav, so I was interested in being able to use my phone's navigation with the car over bluetooth. I have attempted this with no success using an iPhone 5 (both Google Maps and Apple Maps). On the phone it shows Cadillac Cue as the connected bluetooth device for reading the directions, but nothing is coming through. I have yet to try this with an android device.

Any ideas? Is this not possible? Or am I not doing something right within CUE/the phone.

Yplus
03-25-13, 10:25 AM
Do you have the CUE update? It won't work without it.

funstuff234
03-25-13, 11:09 AM
Yes the dealer gave it the update when we got the car (I know because i have the updated weather icon and siri integration).

Bertha D Blues
03-25-13, 09:49 PM
I tried it once with my andriod phone and with CUE audio set to bluetooth. It worked ok but I couldn't listen to music at the same time, just the driving directions. Bert

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-26-13, 11:12 AM
Funstuff, I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing these frustrations! If you have any lingering concerns, please don't hesitate to call the Infotainment Customer Support Group at 855-428-3669 to see what information they may be able to provide for you. Agents are available Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST. And if you have further questions along the way, don't hesitate to send us a private message anytime!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Chris Shillinger
03-27-13, 11:48 AM
You can listen to your Google Maps navigation over Bluetooth. One your phone is paired via Bluetooth, make sure your audio is set to play from Bluetooth device and all audio coming from the phone will play through the vehicle speakers.

funstuff234
03-31-13, 08:35 PM
Ahh ok I think I know what you mean now, change the source the same place where I would switch between FM, AM, XM etc.

Chris Shillinger
04-02-13, 05:18 PM
Change Media to Bluetooth. You can actually listen to Pandora at the same time, and your phone should turn down Pandora for your navigation application to give new directions. With media on Bluetooth, any audio from the phone plays through the car. I just tried it out with Netflix today. Nothing beats the rear seat entertainment system in the 2013 SRX, but if you don't have that, this works just fine.

funstuff234
04-02-13, 05:49 PM
Oh wow, thanks for the tip, since I was actually hoping to do something like that if we happen to decide to not renew our onstar subscription.

Chris Shillinger
04-02-13, 05:57 PM
Many people prefer Google Maps over OnStar. I feel the turn-by-turn directions are all the same. At least the smartphone app is free.