: Moral of the Story: Be careful what you pick a race with.

PGA2B
03-24-13, 11:34 PM
So I am going home from work tonight and this A**hole is on my tail so close I can't see what it is. We were doing 75 when he was on my ass. I pull out to the fast lane and he goes around me. I see it is a Maroon V1. So I pull in behind him and we run up to 100. Then he hit it. I realized what he did so I hit it too. Well she downshifted and I drove around him and proceeded to drive away. So I slowed down and he tried it again. I did the same thing and same result. I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head. He quickly ducked off the next exit. Now I can only guess he was stock to lightly modded and thought he could blow me away or he should have blown me away. So I slow down to 75 and a White Monte Carlo SS pulls up and tried the same. SO I once again hit it and pulled away like he was standing still. Well now it was time for me to exit and the White Monte gave me a thumbs up as he passed by. Thought that was a nice gesture. I'm sure he was thinking "That's a fast CTS-V".

Happy the cooling mods worked. Ran 3 back to back WOT runs with no degraded performance. Just wish I would have been scanning!! Would love to see that log.

Moral of the story be careful what you pick a race with, it just may be much faster than you!

carter's_sts
03-25-13, 12:47 AM
Nice. I always try to size up the other car first. It's nice to usually have the fastest car in the vicinity, but not always. Sometimes I see a car and I think - not messing with that one.

parkeraire
03-25-13, 07:58 AM
Racing on public roads is illegal. :bigroll:

carter's_sts
03-25-13, 10:49 AM
Is it a race if you just leave someone in the dust because they've already proven they're an idiot?

BlownV
03-25-13, 11:15 AM
PGA2B....the new owner of my STS-V is in Mesa so you may still see her driving around. And we have to meet up so I can run you in my new car and see how they stack up! :)

PGA2B
03-25-13, 12:11 PM
Racing on public roads is illegal. :bigroll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs

Lighten up Francis!

He was RACING.

I was just driving home.

We have to meet up so I can run you in my new car and see how they stack up! :)

With that comment I am quite certain whatever you got is much faster than mine.:thumbsup:

carter's_sts
03-25-13, 01:35 PM
Why can't we hear what you got? It's too secret.:cool:

BlownV
03-25-13, 05:06 PM
Lol, no secret...just haven't had the chance to really detail her and take some nice photos. But I ended up with a Black Diamond Edition CTS-V Sedan (auto). Looking forward to intake, cutouts and pulley to bring out the beast. My STS-V went to the owner of rigid industries here in Phoenix. He may be turning it into a SEMA car...so I'm excited to see what he does.

RippyPartsDept
03-25-13, 05:14 PM
might want to change your profile info ... still says you've got the 07 STS-V

BlownV
03-25-13, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the reminder.

06 STS Rob
03-25-13, 07:15 PM
Iv'e had my V for a little more than three months now and the only guy that has tried to step up was in a mid-2000's M5 coming from a red light. After stompping him to 80mph, I let off...he flew by me running 80+ through the construction zone ahead just like a typical Beemer D-Bag would....pissed off that he got schooled. Gotta say, it was fun knowing that he was probably thinking, WFT! why is that Caddy beating me???

carter's_sts
03-25-13, 08:10 PM
See, now I know better than to race (oh wait - that's illegal, I mean try to beat) a Gen 2 CTS-V. Hope you like it.

Lol, no secret...just haven't had the chance to really detail her and take some nice photos. But I ended up with a Black Diamond Edition CTS-V Sedan (auto). Looking forward to intake, cutouts and pulley to bring out the beast. My STS-V went to the owner of rigid industries here in Phoenix. He may be turning it into a SEMA car...so I'm excited to see what he does.

GizmoQ
03-26-13, 02:40 AM
:rules:

Forum rules:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forum-rules-guidelines/127312-kill-stories.html