: Does the ATS have...

stevenzoz
03-24-13, 08:08 PM
Hi guys,

I'm picking up my ATS as soon as the dealer receives it next week and have a couple of questions...

Does the ATS have a gas pedal that clicks and down shifts like those of Mercedes and BMW?

Do the exterior mirrors tilt down when you put the car into reverse?

Should I get runflat tire insurance? I've never had runflats before and hear they can be a pain.

I have an android phone (LG Nexus 4), will I have any issues with CUE and my smartphone? From what I've seen, most people have iPhones they use with CUE. I just want to make sure I can take full advantage of CUE with an android phone.

Since the standard model doesn't include passive entry and only push button start, is there still a button next to the rearview camera to pop open the trunk or can this only be done using the trunk opener on the keyfob/interior trunk button?

When pressing the mode button and using the different drive settings (I forget what they all are), is there a big difference between the modes?

Just a couple of things I forgot to look for during my test drive.. I'm getting the 2.0t awd standard and the dealers are less educated than me on the car so I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks for your help and time!

Bertha D Blues
03-24-13, 09:33 PM
No gas pedal click. No mirror tilt on Standard model. Run flat is your call. These are my first run flats so I have no data to offer. I have an andriod phone and never had a problem. There is a button next to the camera, under the lip, that pops the trunk as long as the car is unlocked. Touring, snow modes are excellent. I've used snow mode many times here in Nebraska and it's awesome. Sport mode? I don't know mine never worked. It goes in for repair next week. I'm sure you're going to love your new car. Bert

RxATS
03-25-13, 01:01 AM
In regards to run-flat insurance, I highly recommend it. It gives a great deal of peace of mind as these tires and rims are not cheap. A few experiences like mine and the insurance pays for itself: In the 6 months that I have owned my ATS, I have already picked up two nails. The first puncture was a very obvious leak and top of the nail head could be seen when looking at the back tire. I was having to refill the tire with air every 2-3 days before I was able to take it to the dealer. The nail was on the edge of the tire where a patch couldn't be placed so they replaced the tire at no charge. A month or so later, I got a second nail that was less obvious. I was having to refill the rear passenger tire every 7-10 days. So I took my car back to the service department. After several hours they reported back that they could not detect a leak despite my story of having to repeatedly put air in the tire. Annoyed, I kept a daily log of my tire pressure over the next month and used excel to plot a graph of it. I returned to the service department with my pretty graph and this time they found the nail. They patched and balanced it at no charge. Long story short, I think this is one type of insurance that is a good idea.

stevenzoz
03-25-13, 10:40 PM
Thanks! I will probably purchase the insurance just in case... does it protect against wear too?

What voice commands are you able to make through CUE? Is it just phone call-related stuff?

Bertha D Blues
03-26-13, 09:02 AM
What voice commands are you able to make through CUE? Is it just phone call-related stuff?
CUE accepts audio commands too. You can say "tune.." to select a radio station, favorite or XM channel. CUE syncs with media devices too. I have an SD card installed. This morning I was listening to an FM broadcast and I said "play Miles Davis". CUE knew where it was loacted and automatically began playing from the SD. Voice commands are also available for Nav. Bert

RxATS
03-27-13, 02:25 AM
The tire insurance does not cover wear otherwise I would turn off the traction control and burn rubber through every intersection lol!

wongluk
03-27-13, 02:55 PM
In regards to run-flat insurance, I highly recommend it. It gives a great deal of peace of mind as these tires and rims are not cheap. A few experiences like mine and the insurance pays for itself: In the 6 months that I have owned my ATS, I have already picked up two nails. The first puncture was a very obvious leak and top of the nail head could be seen when looking at the back tire. I was having to refill the tire with air every 2-3 days before I was able to take it to the dealer. The nail was on the edge of the tire where a patch couldn't be placed so they replaced the tire at no charge. A month or so later, I got a second nail that was less obvious. I was having to refill the rear passenger tire every 7-10 days. So I took my car back to the service department. After several hours they reported back that they could not detect a leak despite my story of having to repeatedly put air in the tire. Annoyed, I kept a daily log of my tire pressure over the next month and used excel to plot a graph of it. I returned to the service department with my pretty graph and this time they found the nail. They patched and balanced it at no charge. Long story short, I think this is one type of insurance that is a good idea.

I do not think you can patch run flats...?!

RxATS
03-28-13, 12:20 AM
Yes, you can and they did. The first nail was too close to the sidewall to place a patch but the second puncture was fixed using a patch. I'm not sure if they used a plug in addition to the patch? The tire doesn't leak air any more so I'm happy.