: This Saturn will make my STS a winter beater

airbalancer
01-07-05, 08:55 AM
I can not believe I would want a Saturn
But this will make my STS a winter beater
http://www.dieselstation.com/archive/Saturn-Sky-Concept/

Msilva954
01-07-05, 09:58 AM
Not only that take a look at the Saturn Aura.....Saturn looks like it may turn out to be what Pontiac should have been.

airbalancer
01-07-05, 10:56 AM
Finally GM is putting some style into other division in NA.
the Opel line in Europe looks sharp

RBraczyk
01-07-05, 12:26 PM
Is it metal?

Sandy
01-07-05, 12:52 PM
Really nice! Almost looks "Corvette-esque" ~ {Not for me, though! I'll stick with deVille or Town Car, or maybe Volvo S80}

airbalancer
01-07-05, 12:57 PM
check out the press release
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

airbalancer
01-07-05, 12:58 PM
Really nice! Almost looks "Corvette-esque" ~ {Not for me, though! I'll stick with deVille or Town Car, or maybe Volvo S80}
Hey Sandy
WHen the kids are gone , the parents can finially play :p

Elvis
01-07-05, 01:06 PM
I'll take mine in black, please. Tan interior.

Sandy
01-07-05, 02:22 PM
Hey Sandy
WHen the kids are gone , the parents can finially play :p

I've allready played, plenty! :rolleyes: ~ it's about the aching back & stiff left leg, and about cars that are 4" off the ground. Had enough of them! It's YOUR turn! (I think it's also about being "T-Boned" at 40 MPH, and having a 5,500 pound car totalled under you, and sustaining a slightly cut elbow, with 5,500 pounds of Imperial LeBaron 4-Dr Hardtop under you, and being here today, 'cause of it! :thumbsup: ) Look at the size of today's SUVs ... The Suburbans, the Excursions and Tahoes. Imagine being T-Boned by one of them in that sexy little Saturn!! In a deVille, Town Car or Volvo S80 I at least have a fighting chance. Don't think it can't happen to you, (as did I). Air Bags and seat belts cnnot take the place of BIG CAR! Not only are those SUVs huge, they then go & put steel "push bars" on the front of them !!
That's akin to a professional boxer stepping into the ring going against a 10 year old brownie girl scout, and the boxer is now adorning steel tipped gloves, to do battle! :D
Me? I will always drive the biggest CAR (not truck) available, regardless of the make. "It's about bulk"

airbalancer
01-07-05, 04:00 PM
Come on do wreck all my dreams :hide:
I guess we only live once.
Beside I do not know if I will even fit in one :suspense:
LOL

elwesso
01-07-05, 04:09 PM
Wow thats really nice... For a saturn! :D

I really think the new vue redline is a nice looking vehicle... its amazing what that front end and a set of 18s do to it.....!

D148L0
01-07-05, 04:14 PM
What a pleasant surprise... nice looking car.

Ralph
01-07-05, 05:00 PM
I wish all of my car was made of that soft plastic like my front quarter panals. I'm sick of worrying about the dildo in the Dodge Ram parking next to me when I go grocery shopping and getting door dings. :rant2:

airbalancer
01-07-05, 05:50 PM
I wish all of my car was made of that soft plastic like my front quarter panals. I'm sick of worrying about the dildo in the Dodge Ram parking next to me when I go grocery shopping and getting door dings. :rant2:
:hmm:

No more plastic on this Saturn

Ralph
01-07-05, 05:57 PM

No more plastic on this Saturn

I was strongly considering an ION in 2003 when I almost sold the Caddy. I like the plastic panals on those cars, and as long as they pass safety regulations, which they do well, I would have one. :yup:

Handles good, lots of power for the size, stable at 130 kph, quiet and fairly smooth, etc.

davesdeville
01-07-05, 07:13 PM
That's 70% as gay as a Miata. Well ok only 50%. And it's still a SATURN, which makes me want to ram into it in my 75.

airbalancer
01-07-05, 08:20 PM
That's 70% as gay as a Miata. Well ok only 50%. And it's still a SATURN, which makes me want to ram into it in my 75.
Gay, does that mean it is a happy car

elwesso
01-07-05, 08:59 PM
I was strongly considering an ION in 2003 when I almost sold the Caddy. I like the plastic panals on those cars, and as long as they pass safety regulations, which they do well, I would have one. :yup:

Handles good, lots of power for the size, stable at 130 kph, quiet and fairly smooth, etc.
Only in canada would someone sell a 31k mile caddy for a saturn :D

Night Wolf
01-07-05, 09:15 PM
That Saturn is the sisiter car to the Pontiac Solstice....

they are both nice....

c5 rv
01-07-05, 09:54 PM
Maybe the last chance for Saturn to succeed?

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0501/07/A01-53370.htm

majax
01-07-05, 10:12 PM
I am so glad Saturn is getting back on track with their market. They were made to compete with Honda and not sell low par cars to college students. Their new van this coupe are a true improvement. Now a new Ion would be nice.

That Saturn coupe is like a Honda S2000

Sinister Angel
01-07-05, 10:18 PM
Wow, what a nice surprise!

davesdeville
01-08-05, 03:13 AM
Gay, does that mean it is a happy car

Yes. The same applies to people, whenever you're in a good mood, shout out "I'm SO GAY!"

majax
01-08-05, 03:38 AM
You're So Gay! :D ;)

Spock
01-08-05, 05:33 AM
It looks good, but I must agree with previous posts, small cars these days are no match for the hulking beasts that drive the road.

But I'm confuzed, should I give that car to my cadillac with white wine..or red?

D148L0
01-08-05, 07:02 PM
That's 70% as gay as a Miata. Well ok only 50%. Is gay supossed to be demeritory?

davesdeville
01-08-05, 11:43 PM
Only if it carries a negative connotation with the reader. All I'm saying is it's easy to imagine a guy owning one of those and calling it "fabulous" in a flagrantly homosexual manner.

majax
01-08-05, 11:48 PM
Only if it carries a negative connotation with the reader. All I'm saying is it's easy to imagine a guy owning one of those and calling it "fabulous" in a flagrantly homosexual manner.

We all know the homosexual community prefers Toyota and VW products.:rolleyes2 Not Saturn;)

ben72227
01-08-05, 11:54 PM
We all know the homosexual community prefers Toyota and VW products

Yeah davesdeville, haven't you ever seen "THE" VW gay commercial:

http://www.commercialcloset.org/cgi-bin/iowa/portrayals.html?record=43

It's the "da da da da" one with the two gay guys in it. If I remember correctly Mazda is pretty anti-gay and Miatas aren't gay people cars either - they're for guys at their mid-life crisis that can't afford a Vette:p

majax
01-09-05, 12:10 AM
I understand why those companies pulled out of advertising for that show. It is very risky and they could loose customers by creating this image of them being a car company for the gay. I watched the commercial :hmm: I dont think I would of thought them gay but I don't pnder such things over a commercial.

davesdeville
01-09-05, 03:10 AM
Yeah davesdeville, haven't you ever seen "THE" VW gay commercial:

Yeah, the new beetle is almost as gay as a miata.

Mazda is pretty anti-gay
Mazda can't be against 2/3 of the people who buy miatas.

Miatas aren't gay people cars either - they're for guys at their mid-life crisis that can't afford a Vette
...and have sex with other men... (Not that I mind, it's just the kind of people who like "cutesy" little pieces of junk like the Miata and Saturns.) The only non gay Miata, New Beetle, and Saturn (at least the coupes) are girls.

Jesda
01-09-05, 08:11 AM
The Miata is one of the most reliable, well made, affordable, fun to drive, and best-handling roadsters ever made. Period. Its been a huge sales success since 1989 for a reason.

A world-class two-seater convertible that corners flat and lasts forever -- there is absolutely NO comparison to NPR-and-granola Saturn.

That said, I REALLY want a Sky! I just wish it wasnt called a Sky. Might as well call it a Saturn Unicorn.