: firewall holes?

cadillac kevin
03-23-13, 07:38 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew of any holes already in the firewall that I could pass a 0/1 gauge wire through (or maybe an existing hole that I could enlarge), preferably on the passengers side? I really don't want to punch a new hole if I don't have to.

The Ape Man
03-23-13, 08:09 PM
The radio antenna hole might be what you are looking for.

What are you installing? Sounds like some heavy duty audio stuff at first guess.

cadillac kevin
03-23-13, 10:20 PM
The radio antenna hole might be what you are looking for.

What are you installing? Sounds like some heavy duty audio stuff at first guess.

Yup....running wire for a stereo system. 0/1 is oversized for what I'll be installing, but that way if I want to add anything, I won't have to run a new power line.

The-Dullahan
03-24-13, 12:42 AM
I have run 0 gauge back and forth throughout my car (Which is a LOT harder in a Hearse, because there is no way around the partition) but of course, the front is the same. I agree. Try the antenna hole. If not, there is a hole for a vacuum line, up above the floor petals, beside the fuse box. I have MANY wires run through that on my car, of varying sizes up 0 gauge.

My car probably has around 30 feet of 0 gauge in it, with the longest continuous piece being 14 feet. Hearses Rock.

kntharty
03-24-13, 06:11 PM
Another option is to put it in an wire loom and run it along the frame rail then you do not have to try and find a place in the carpet to hide that thick of wire, problem is you have to drill a hole in the trunk i did it this way and have not had any leaks.