: Dyno - 2004 stock LS6, Stainless Works full exhaust w/headers,resonator and cats

philistine
03-23-13, 03:21 PM
Just thought I would share my dyno results. The only performance mods for power are in the title. The tune is a little on the rich side because it is occasionally driven on the track. Notice it is a Mustang Dyno...thanks!

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t404/jaysenbaker/ctsv_dyno/ctsv_dyno_zps7834e7b1.png

Here is the video:

http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/jaysenbaker/media/ctsv_dyno_L_zps38ebf405.mp4.html

darkman
03-23-13, 03:47 PM
Strikes me as more than a "little" rich. Is there a reason for truncating the run a 6,100 rpm? The LS6 does tend to flatline from there to 6,500 rpm but I was wondering if you have valve float or something.

rand49er
03-23-13, 09:14 PM
Roughly the same mods on my LS6 generated 350 rwhp (SAE corrected) on a DynoJet, so your 338 on a Mustang running slightly rich seems to be in line.

carlson_mn
03-24-13, 12:42 AM
I have the exact same mods on my LS2 except a W4M mail order computer. You probably saw this as I posted it last month, if not here ya go. Also on an AWD Mustang Dyno. I am a bit lean near the top end of my pull and will be sending it back in for a bit more fuel to be added. My tuner said he thought mid-high 12s would be ideal, which it is most of the pull except up top. Looks like the LS2 makes more power throughout the powerband but they are close up top.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo224/carlsonmn/Cadillac%20CTS-V/CTS-VDyno-1.jpg

izcain
03-24-13, 12:56 AM
lot of power left on the table with the a/f

philistine
03-24-13, 09:23 AM
Strikes me as more than a "little" rich. Is there a reason for truncating the run a 6,100 rpm? The LS6 does tend to flatline from there to 6,500 rpm but I was wondering if you have valve float or something.

No valve float that I am aware of. I'm assuming it is because the engine flatlines around 6,100 rpm. The tune is not aggressive and we had to quit early because of connection issues to the ECU. Basically, there is about 16-20 whp trapped in there without getting too crazy. The same speed shop has done multiple LS6 engines with AFR heads, cam, intake that makes ~425 whp on the same dyno.

odthetruth
03-25-13, 01:15 PM
I had no valve float or other issues to my knowledge and nothing was mentioned by my tuner. I didn't even notice the actual dyno sheet until I got home, since they told me the numbers there...

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb454/odthetruthv/scan0001-1_zpsb9ff06e7.jpg

I feel there might have been maybe a handful of horses a bit higher up in the RPM then 5800. lol
LS2 with Pacesetter Headers 1 3/4, cat delete, stock catback with cutouts before mufflers.

philistine
03-25-13, 10:09 PM
I had no valve float or other issues to my knowledge and nothing was mentioned by my tuner. I didn't even notice the actual dyno sheet until I got home, since they told me the numbers there...

I feel there might have been maybe a handful of horses a bit higher up in the RPM then 5800. lol
LS2 with Pacesetter Headers 1 3/4, cat delete, stock catback with cutouts before mufflers.

Those are good numbers! I'm not going back to get a tweak in the tune unless I toss on a new set of heads. Those dynos are a money-pit!

odthetruth
03-26-13, 12:56 AM
Those are good numbers! I'm not going back to get a tweak in the tune unless I toss on a new set of heads. Those dynos are a money-pit!

Thanks and no kidding. I originally was second guessing even going the dyno tune route and contemplated mail order tunes, but I knew Tune Time in NJ were known for being good at what they did. I'm happy with the numbers I got, but I think more happy with how it actually pulls now. I was expecting 360rwhp so getting a bit more on a notoriously stingy dyno... at roughly 130,000 miles... was good enough for me.

Numbers are just numbers. If the car is running healthy and feels good and fun, and is keeping up as it should... the dyno could read 20rwhp lower for all I'd care.

[edit]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvM-1IKfRJc

2013 Mustang GT/CS @ Tune Time Performance.
Dyno'ed at 340 RWP - 352 Torque with catback exhaust and tune to my knowledge. Any other dyno, these 5.0s dyno around 370ish stock. This doesn't mean this car is under on power. Dynos are a tool for tuning, but numbers are just numbers. Not all dynos will get the same numbers, even with SAE correction.

Naf
03-26-13, 02:36 AM
you should be around 12.2-12.5 afr. Its either your PE is too rich or your Maf wasnt calibrated correctly...

I have my PE match the AFR i want to have so all i have to play with is my MAF calibration... Running a 103mm MAF and tuning it is a PITA...Great for top end power, but anything near idle is crap...

Whats your timing at WOT as well as your Air per cylinder? I am trying to see how close to you are to filling your cylinders...On my tahoe i am running 21* of timing and around 1.04-1.08 which means i filled my cylinders and then some...Will find out what my caddy is running once its running

JFensty
03-26-13, 09:19 AM
Tune time did my tune and IIRC I was close to 380 on my 04, with similar set up. I did install a small cam with new springs, lifters, and trunion upgrade.

philistine
03-26-13, 02:48 PM
Numbers are just numbers. If the car is running healthy and feels good and fun, and is keeping up as it should... the dyno could read 20rwhp lower for all I'd care.

Yep, it's running very nicely! My coolant temps are ~198-205 with ambient temps of 60F. Oil is about the same or lower with just daily driving. Feels spirited most of the time...my 3" pipes touch the chassis during aggressive acceleration and the drivetrain CLUNK is driving me crazy!