: Anyone with a tune, your impressions?

gfxbt
03-22-13, 11:03 PM
If you have a tune for your ATS, what is your impression? How many miles have you put on it since the tune? How does it drive? Any electrical gremlins? Can you use a standard USB to OBDII cable to upload the tune? Along with the tune file, do you get a copy of the OEM tune in case you want to revert? Thanks.

BNRacing
03-23-13, 05:38 PM
I can answer some of them but I won't answer the impressions question as it would be biased obviously.

No there are no electrical gremlins that we've ever encountered. No you cannot use a standard cable, you have to use our cable as it has the ability to read and write to the ECM at the commanded speeds. If you look around online you will find that our cable is actually the cheapest cable that you can find that does what ours does. The next cheapest cable is the Tactrix Openport 2.0, which is $200 vs. our cable at $150 (on sale for $120 right now). Yes you get a copy of your OEM tune to flash back to at any time.

duke27
03-23-13, 07:53 PM
Does it work with a Macbook or do i need a PC? I am really interested in doing the tune

turbo2.0
03-23-13, 10:26 PM
If you have a tune for your ATS, what is your impression? How many miles have you put on it since the tune? How does it drive? Any electrical gremlins? Can you use a standard USB to OBDII cable to upload the tune? Along with the tune file, do you get a copy of the OEM tune in case you want to revert? Thanks.

The trifecta tune is the only way to go! If you need proof check out the 12+ MPH difference that Pfadt got out of their 2.0T ATS at the Texas Mile today. I have the tune with no problem and the car drives the way that it should have from the factory!

turbo2.0
03-23-13, 11:50 PM
Where would I check out said difference?

On your car once you buy it :)

bravnik
03-24-13, 01:16 PM
PFADAT got any videos of their runs up?

duke27
03-24-13, 04:24 PM
Can someone please let me know about it working with a macbook, or do i not need a laptop....sorry, im a little confused.....lol

BNRacing
03-24-13, 08:45 PM
Windows only. It will work on your MacBook if you install a windows partition using boot camp

Groomie
03-25-13, 12:29 AM
I am very interested in getting a tune. With my 09 challenger srt 8 supercharged I would have a hand flash to change it to stock for dealer work. Right now I want a tune but I also want a cai for the tune to be built around. Will this b easy. Go ahead and get the tune then get the cai when They are available. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. I am ready to do this.

ewired
03-25-13, 08:31 AM
I am very interested in getting a tune.
Well now is the time. BadNewsRacing is running a sale.

gfxbt
03-25-13, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the input. A question re: the cable. Maybe I am not understanding something (as I am not extremely familiar with this subject), but I don't see why one cable would be able to read and write while another would only presumably be able to read. This seems to be implied when reading the BNR website. The cable is simply a medium through which a signal travels. In other words, if a cable can read (i.e., receive a signal from the car), why can't the cable transmit a signal to the car (i.e., write)?

I see there is a mention of "commanded speed" for reading/writing. I can understand how a bandwidth requirement could come into play, but that seems interface dependent (e.g., USB 1.0 v. FireWire), and only related (although to a much lesser extent) to the type of materials used to make the cable (e.g., conductivity properties of the metal). I'm not saying that you are incorrect, I am just looking for more technical information to help me understand.

Additionally, I am under the impression that the ECU utilizes "look-up tables" to determine boost pressure, air fuel ratio, etc. to achieve the desired 272 hp output. If this is correct, does the tune simply amend the "look-up tables" to have data providing greater power output? Additionally, with "select-a-tune," does the ECU house the factory "look-up tables" as well as the new "look-up tables," then use the appropriate table based on user input?

Thanks for the help.