: New 06' Impala anyone?

Msilva954
01-06-05, 09:39 PM
http://www.gminsidenews.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10284/normal_IM2.jpg
http://www.gminsidenews.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10284/normal_IM5.jpg

Better then whats now and a 303HP 323lbft 5.3L V8.....sounds nice and once those GIANT rebates kick in sometime you can get one for almost nothing........I actually like it but cant say id buy it over a Mercury Montego....even with that nice V8.

Adam
01-06-05, 09:45 PM
im not crazy about the front end but it is pretty nice. is it FWD still? im sure it is, they need to go back to RWD. that is what Impalas should be and should always be.

danbuc
01-06-05, 09:55 PM
I would rather buy a '96 and put the LT1 to LT4 conversion on it, along with a high stall torque converter and an Eaton posi diff. Now that's the s**t! I don't like the FWD impala at all, and that new one looks kind of wierd. Looks to much lika a Maxima or Altima or something. That just my $.02.

ShadowLvr400
01-06-05, 10:00 PM
I prefer the 96 Imp. Or my Fleetwood. However the LT4 conversion just isn't quite right for me. Thinking toy with the LT1, or just pull it and put in a blown Cadillac 500 motor. :)

davesdeville
01-06-05, 10:04 PM
It's gotten uglier than it has been recently, but hell it's got a V8 so I like it more.

danbuc
01-06-05, 10:04 PM
That conversion gives the produces 425+ hp. Not bad for a cam, and a bunch of bolt on parts. It does require retuning the computer though. I agree that it's not quite right for the Fleetwood, but maybe a cam, and some head work, and a high flowing intake manifold would be nice.

Ralph
01-06-05, 10:12 PM
I read 2 years ago that the next Impala was supposed to be RWD. Isn't it??

The previous Impala was a boring as a Camry, and the back seat was terrible for support, but the all-around 5 star safety rating was an attractive aspect for those who care.

danbuc
01-06-05, 10:22 PM
It may be RWD, but it still looks like you average Nissan or Toyota. Too bland.

Msilva954
01-06-05, 10:30 PM
Naw....Monte Carlo and Impala are still FWD till like 09'....pretty sure but I know these are FWD.........hell imagine the burnouts you can do in these.

RBraczyk
01-06-05, 10:33 PM
Mmmm, daddy like :)

Playdrv4me
01-07-05, 12:52 AM
This car just keeps getting uglier. The addition of a V8 is nice, and the interior is LEAPS AND BOUNDS AHEAD of the previous one, but man, what a continued slap in the face of the original Impala this car is. Now it looks so friendly the cops probably wont even use them anymore. Id see cops in a Ford 500 before Id see them in this. Despite the cheap overall feel and appearance of the previous Impala, they were on the right track with the aggressive edgy styling theme, now they just went smoked some high-dope while visiting Altima land.

Msilva954
01-07-05, 01:32 AM
^^^Im with him...why build the HHR SSR Corvette....and at the same time build the blandest cars you can think of??...maybe they werent thinking.

They improve the two things that needed it the most.....engine is now V8 and the interior is above decent.......but the screw up the exterior styling.

Katshot
01-07-05, 05:47 AM
That conversion gives the produces 425+ hp. Not bad for a cam, and a bunch of bolt on parts. It does require retuning the computer though. I agree that it's not quite right for the Fleetwood, but maybe a cam, and some head work, and a high flowing intake manifold would be nice.

Who told you that?

Katshot
01-07-05, 05:49 AM
I think it's better looking than the current Impala and to be honest it looks amazingly like the RWD Caprice sold in the Middle East. Could this be a bridge to the future?

evilrussian
01-07-05, 06:09 AM
I like the V8 idea, the only thing, that front reminds me of new Accord.

Katshot
01-07-05, 07:36 AM
It would be nice if they gave us this...

Stoneage_Caddy
01-07-05, 10:48 AM
hell yah it would ...

funny thing is they were called "luminas" in bahrain ......for some reason they got that and we ended up with the front drive "eurosport" lumina

juiceE
01-07-05, 12:04 PM
THE NEW IMPALAS HAVE BEEN A REAL DISSAPOINTMENT. I HAD A 03 OR 04 RENTAL WHILE MY CAR WAS @ THE SHOP (which it still is :| .. awaiting the E&G grill) THE CAR WAS REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE INSIDE, REALLY SMALL, HAD NO POWER. BUT IT DROVE GOOD @ HI SPEEDS, AND HAD A SURPRISINGLY GOOD/SMOOTH RIDE.

nvss
01-07-05, 12:07 PM
I will keep mine or pray they rebadge the Holden SS as an chevy impala SS.

Elvis
01-07-05, 12:08 PM
No, thank you.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-07-05, 12:12 PM
we had an 04 Indy edition Impala SS for a day , looked great outside but was the most miserable boreing interior i had ever seen . Luckily that day ended with a 6 speed GTO closed course drive with a Aussie GM engineer that taught me how to drive the car at its limit...I still get chills from that day drivging that car

Katshot
01-07-05, 12:46 PM

The picture I posted above is the Lumina SS in the Middle East, which is also the Commadore SS in Australia. There's also a Caprice SS.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-07-05, 12:53 PM
Seen the commadore and lumina ...saw a few of those rear drive middeast caprices too ...whats the caprice ss look like i wonder ....Last one i saw had a bushing give out , right rear had a ton of camber in it .....which tells me there also IRS along with being rear drive .....

CoupeDevilleRob
01-07-05, 02:29 PM
I would like to see the rear of it. I'm holding off on my final judgement of it until I see it in person, but my first impression is that the Lumina is back with a vengance. They should call this thing Lumina and save the Impala name for a car that deserves it.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-07-05, 02:44 PM
ask and you shall recieve
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_detroit/la_show/impala/images/X06CH_IM006.jpg

and heres the new montes nose ....finnaly the monte is a nice looking car

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_detroit/la_show/montecarlo/images/1.jpg

for more photos :
http://autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_detroit/

DaveSmed
01-07-05, 03:42 PM
The Aussies have had HSV for awhile now. HSV is the performance division of Holden, one of GM's foreign divisions. They have the GTO in AWD, with some nicer visual treatments to boot. Myself? I like the Clubsport R8. http://www.hsv.com.au/

If they start bringing more stuff like this over, AND PRICE IT COMPETITIVELY, it would sell like crazy.

CoupeDevilleRob
01-07-05, 03:49 PM
Cool, thanks Stoneage. Kinda looks like the Malibu from behind. The Monte's new front looks awesome, better than the Impala. I was expecting all the new Chevy's to have that chrome bar with the bowtie on it. Guess that isn't the new styling theme for the whole line.

c5 rv
01-07-05, 08:43 PM
My son sent me an email from Iraq about how much he likes the '06 Impala. I don't care for the looks of the Impala, but I do like the Monte.

majax
01-07-05, 09:19 PM
It looks like crud unless you see these hood lines, I really like the car! It better be dang reliable and handle well. Only problem is it looks practicle.

Msilva954
01-07-05, 10:04 PM
Question.......O.K......my Deville has none of that high ass look that almost all FWD cars have.....actually I cant think of any Cadillac that has that.....what is it that causes FWD cars (besides caddy) to have that ass in the air effect??? If you know what Im talking about.

davesdeville
01-08-05, 02:45 AM
How much is that Monte SS going to weigh? I'm gonna be super pissed if it's faster than my 95 ETC. Or I'll nitrous it a little bit..

Probably that they designed the ass of the car to be big and airborne, which is unfortunate.

majax
01-08-05, 02:53 AM
I like it, it shows off the underbody and when you put a crap load in the trunk the underbody is not on the ground. It all has to do with he suspension and may play a role in better handleing.

I'd like to see Chevy have something to compete with the Passat well.

Playdrv4me
01-08-05, 03:42 AM

Dont EVER get rid of that car

Playdrv4me
01-08-05, 03:45 AM
Now that Ive seen MORE pics... yea im thinkin Nissan Altima/Dodge Stratus love child with birth defects. Oh yea, but hes REALLY smart ;)