: CTS-V Brake Pad Data

Low_ET
03-21-13, 11:32 PM
I searched through the forum and found bits and pieces of data on the brake pads etc. I thought I would put the data all in one place to be easy on future searchers. Here goes:

OEM Brake pads are supplied by AC Delco. The pads themselves are made in Italy by Ferodo for Brembo. When you buy the pads, the box says "AC Delco", "Brembo" and "Ferodo". The pads say "Brembo" on the back side.

GM Parts Numbers

Pads
Front: 25940447
Rear: 89047744

Rotors
Front: 25851237
Rear: 92245929

Front 6 Piston Calipers

Rear 4 Piston Calipers

Brembo Pad Numbers
Front D1405
Rear D1053 (FMSI numbers).

Rotors
Front: 380x32 mm
Rear: 373x28mm

AC Delco Pad Numbers (AC Delco is the original supplier of pads to Cadillac)
Front 171-1040
Rear 171-0882

Hawk Pads
From Hawk Catalog:
Front: HB649x.605 D1405 FMSI
Rear: HB194x.570 D0592/D1053/D1270 FMSI
x is the brake compound code
HP Plus, Code N
HPS, Code F
Performance Ceramic, Code Z

Carbotech
Front: CT1405
Rear: CT1053
1521Bobcat Street, Low Dust
AX6 Aggressive Street, Track Day
XP8 Race

the blur
03-22-13, 02:19 AM
The rotors, are they the 2 piece design, or the original 1 piece with the clicking problem ?

Low_ET
03-22-13, 09:03 AM
That is the original rotor part number. I don't know the new two-piece rotor part number.

HUGN*RDS
04-02-13, 12:38 PM
Does AC Delco supply the original Brembo pads or are the original equipment pads not even Brembo>

USAFRET
04-02-13, 04:20 PM
Very useful thread, thanks for gathering this data.

Low_ET
04-03-13, 10:56 PM
Does AC Delco supply the original Brembo pads or are the original equipment pads not even Brembo>

I bought the AC Delco pads from Rock Auto. The box is labeled AC Delco. The pads are labeled "Brembo" by Ferodo.

AC Delco is listed as the OES (Original Equipment Supplier). It appears that AC Delco supplies Brembo pads to Cadillac.

AAIIIC
11-20-13, 12:14 PM
Bumping an old thread, as this seemed a reasonable place to post this.

I just ordered some ACDelco pads from Rock Auto, part #17D1405M (Durastop Professional semi-metallics). The box also lists them as GM #19288002. GM Parts Direct shows them for ~$40 (list $76), while Rock Auto had them for ~$49. Obviously that's a different part number from the OEM part number (25940447) that Low_ET listed in the original post, and they're also a heckuva lot cheaper. I'm curious to see how they do for daily driver duty. (I'm also curious how many V2 owners have ever been offered this pad option rather than the more expensive stock pads. Having not actually installed and tested them, my hunch is that these are perfectly capable of handling the driving that most V2 owners do day-to-day.)

Interestingly enough, I discovered the '12+ Grand Cherokee SRT8 uses a variant of the same caliper as the V2. The caliper looks a little different, but uses the same FMSI D1405 pad shape. I've done some searching around and the OEM part number is 68144427AA. My searching turned up wildly varied pricing, from $172 @ factorychryslerparts.com to $317 at factorymoparparts.com and jeep-wholesale.com. I called the local dealer to confirm the part number and check pricing - he initially said the part number wasn't coming up as that, but then told me it was correct, and list price is $460 (very similar to the $450 list price of the 25940447 CTS-V pads). Based on that list price I'm guessing the $317 pricing that most sites show is correct, and that factorychryslerparts.com probably has them listed wrong. (Might be an opportunity to get some OEM pads for a huge discount.) And of course I know nothing about the Jeep parts - are they made by Ferodo for Brembo, like the V pads, or are they made by someone else? If they are made by Ferodo, are they the same compound as the V pads? I'm not inclined to spend the couple/few hundred bucks to find out, but maybe someone else will. :)

baabootoo
11-20-13, 12:48 PM
I went with the Wagner Perfect Stop, SEMI-METALLIC, and love them for tracks and daily use since they leave very little dirt. No longer do I have to change pads for the track. Maybe $60-ish for the fronts and $30-ish for the rears?

Lash L
12-11-13, 10:30 PM
I went with the Wagner Perfect Stop, SEMI-METALLIC, and love them for tracks and daily use since they leave very little dirt. No longer do I have to change pads for the track. Maybe $60-ish for the fronts and $30-ish for the rears?

These sound great!
Are they quiet?
How hard have you used them on the track? Any fade? I love how the stock pads held up for me on the track and with multiple 160-0 stops.
Any idea of how they wear compared to stock?

AAIIIC
12-11-13, 11:53 PM
I just ordered some ACDelco pads from Rock Auto, part #17D1405M (Durastop Professional semi-metallics). The box also lists them as GM #19288002. GM Parts Direct shows them for ~$40 (list $76), while Rock Auto had them for ~$49. ... I'm curious to see how they do for daily driver duty.
I've had the lower priced AC Delco pads on the car for a couple weeks now and I'm very happy with them. No noise at all, but they're way better than the Hawk HPS pads in both initial bite and overall stopping power. The only thing I can't comment on is how much dust they generate; my winter wheels are "hyperblack" Rotas, so they hide dust quite well.

I love how the stock pads held up for me on the track and with multiple 160-0 stops.
Your laps will probably improve mightily if you don't come to a complete stop on track. You'll avoid pissing off the people out on track with you, too! :p

cruiser68
12-12-13, 12:07 PM
These sound great!
I love how the stock pads held up for me on the track and with multiple 160-0 stops.
Any idea of how they wear compared to stock?

If you like the stockers on the track, you should try some track pads. They can put you through the windshield if you are not careful :)

baabootoo
12-12-13, 12:25 PM
They are better than stock, since they are so clean. I leave them on all summer, and change to ceramics for the winter when I put my snows on. They have NO problem stopping from 140 down at Road America either. Where are you that they have a mile? straight where you can hit 160? I've never gotten any fade, noise, or nothing other than great stopping.

Umrswimr
12-12-13, 04:35 PM
This is a timely post since I need new brake pads soon. I've not had good luck with aftermarket pads (on my C4 or C5)- they usually end up with poor bite and a soft pedal. However, the $450 list price for front pads (or $290 for GMPD) is a huge incentive to look at aftermarket. Any suggestions?
My C5 now runs stock Z06 pads and EBC Yellows on the track.

09SRT8
12-12-13, 04:43 PM
Good info thanks !

Blakester
12-12-13, 04:59 PM
Baabootoo: would you or could you run wagner pads(semi metalic) year round on street in cold weather -10C to -40C?

Lash L
12-16-13, 02:29 PM
Your laps will probably improve mightily if you don't come to a complete stop on track. You'll avoid pissing off the people out on track with you, too! :p
Hmmm… I wonder if that had anything to do with that big pileup behind me??

But seriously, folks… a group of guys I go on drives with rents out an abandoned runway 1-2x/year outside of Stockton, CA. I have videos taken by my passenger of me running in my V against an M5 and a C6. If anyone's interested, I can post them somewhere (YouTube?).

----------

They are better than stock, since they are so clean. I leave them on all summer, and change to ceramics for the winter when I put my snows on. They have NO problem stopping from 140 down at Road America either. Where are you that they have a mile? straight where you can hit 160? I've never gotten any fade, noise, or nothing other than great stopping.

Sold! Thanks for the helpful and timely info. (See my previous post for my answer to your q'n.)