: 2013 SRX sitting for 3 months

kiboater
03-21-13, 10:11 PM
I had to park my 2013 SRX for a little over 3 months. I considered disconnecting the battery but I decided there were too many downsides. I know that starting a car and letting it idle for 20 minutes is not good for it either. Decided to leave the battery hooked up and just let it sit.

Result is that after 3 months it fired right up. The battery seem to be strong!!

Frank

Marc NY
03-21-13, 10:38 PM
Three months on a brand new battery really isn't too harsh... but if you plan on doing that on a semi regular basis I would purchase a battery tender and the next time you leave your vehicle for a month or more I would leave it on a trickle charge.

300:29:1
03-22-13, 11:39 AM
Three months on a brand new battery really isn't too harsh... but if you plan on doing that on a semi regular basis I would purchase a battery tender and the next time you leave your vehicle for a month or more I would leave it on a trickle charge.

Good advice Marc. Battery tenders are cheap and easy to find. If the battery runs down, there may be all sorts of problems.

Likely
03-22-13, 11:44 AM
Good advice from Marc....

I leave mine on the battery tender if i am not going to drive it for a week.... that may be over kill, but, it works for me!!!!

kiboater
03-22-13, 01:28 PM
I agree that a Battery Tender is a good idea. Unfortunately no outlet where I had to park it.

paid4c4
03-22-13, 04:33 PM
I agree that a Battery Tender is a good idea. Unfortunately no outlet where I had to park it.
There is a battery tender which runs on solar power which would work in your situation.
Bill