: "Like" a post - is there a limit?

bwv565
03-21-13, 09:57 PM
Hi, I have been reading through many of the posts in various forums and frequently want to "Like" a post. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I was wondering if there is a daily/hourly, etc. limit to the number of times you can click on that link for posts in a thread. Thanks.

Submariner409
03-21-13, 11:00 PM
Good question ......... I've never seen a time/number limit to the "like" function. It seems to serve no real function - there is also the ability to assign "stars" to a thread, from 1 to 5................ and for the flip side, why is there no "don't like" option ?

Up until a year and a half ago there was a third option, posted above the post count in a member's login header, to assign "rep points" to a member and/or posts. Member A might have 120 "rep points" while Member B might have 1,000 "rep points" ........... to what end ?

bwv565
03-22-13, 07:34 PM
Well as I look through the postings, particularly the picture ('show us your ....') threads, I like to indicate that I find their post enjoyable, or informative, etc., and that is a good way to do it. It seems that if I start browsing the threads, then "like" one post, i cannot do that again until I close my browser and log back in. Maybe it's a Firefox issue, I haven't tried it in Chrome or IE.

talismandave
03-22-13, 08:13 PM
Based on Luke.....I would think not.....

bwv565
03-22-13, 08:15 PM
Based on Luke.....I would think not.....

Sorry, I don't get your reference. Who is Luke?

talismandave
03-22-13, 08:19 PM
A regular in Lounge who "likes" everything. Some days I will log on and find 6 or 8 from him alone. I am sure he isn't going through all that to do it.

admin
03-23-13, 03:10 PM
Hi, I have been reading through many of the posts in various forums and frequently want to "Like" a post. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I was wondering if there is a daily/hourly, etc. limit to the number of times you can click on that link for posts in a thread. Thanks.

Hi there, there shouldn't be a limit on how many "likes" but let me look into it for you so I can test it out and see if I can duplicate the issue.

Thanks,
Cayne - Community Support

bwv565
03-23-13, 03:19 PM
Thanks, Cayne. It would be good to know. It seems like I can 'like' several posts in a row and then clicking "like" from that point forward doesn't do anything. I will see if there's a pattern to the exact number of times it takes for this to occur and get back to you. Cheers

Ranger
03-25-13, 10:31 PM
Good question ......... I've never seen a time/number limit to the "like" function. It seems to serve no real function

Member A might have 120 "rep points" while Member B might have 1,000 "rep points" ........... to what end ?
Same is true for "likes". Serves no real function and to what end. Like Dave said, every time you sign in you have to go and clear several of them. Personally I'd disable the feature. Luke wouldn't like that, but he'll get over it. Just my $0.02

talismandave
03-26-13, 02:36 AM
Irony intended.....:D

admin
03-26-13, 01:24 PM
It looks like there are to many likes being made at one time and it is throttling them and slowing it down until you can not like something.

I would try it out and when an issues arises let me know what you are liking at the time. so I can see where the error may be starting from.

bwv565
05-14-13, 05:03 PM
Hi admin, it appears that this is fixed. Not sure if it just magically happened or if you changed something but I am now able to "like" several posts in succession. Just thought you might want to know.