: Satelite radio and dvd simultaneously

Txao1051
03-21-13, 07:41 PM
Is there any way for my kids to watch a DVD and me listen to XM simultaneously while driving?

the cadillac man
03-21-13, 07:48 PM
Is there any way for my kids to watch a DVD and me listen to XM simultaneously while driving?

Do you have the headphone for the rear seat audio controls or DVD?
The DVD players headphones are infrared(bypasses the rear seat audio controls)

The rear seat audio controls can work with any standard 3.5mm jack headphones

The source on it has to show DVD in order for the rear seat audio controls to produce the DVD audio with the headphone

Txao1051
03-21-13, 07:50 PM
Do you have the headphone for the rear seat audio controls or DVD?
The DVD players headphones are infrared(bypasses the rear seat audio controls)

The rear seat audio controls can work with any standard 3.5mm jack headphones

The source on it has to show DVD in order for the rear seat audio controls to produce the DVD audio with the headphone

I do have headphones plugged into the jack and selected DVD on rear controls. Them when I change the head unit to XM it turns off audio to headphones and plays xm

the cadillac man
03-21-13, 08:01 PM
I do have headphones plugged into the jack and selected DVD on rear controls. Them when I change the head unit to XM it turns off audio to headphones and plays xm

It may have something to do with the audio circuits on the same connection in the radio

Try and see if you can get a couple sets of the infrared headphones as that is the only way to use both

mikedyk43
03-21-13, 11:46 PM

The headphone jacks are operated by the front stereo. To accomplish what you are trying to do, you simply need to get the stock wireless headphones which get there audio directly from the overhead DVD player.

Txao1051
03-22-13, 12:32 AM
The headphone jacks are operated by the front stereo. To accomplish what you are trying to do, you simply need to get the stock wireless headphones which get there audio directly from the overhead DVD player.

Perfect thanks all!