: 06 DTS Performance purchase

Basco
03-20-13, 10:28 PM
I' m very close at buying a DTS
My first choice is a Blue Performance series with 65k for $14k loaded except for navigation

Or

A 06 DTS luxury 2 model not as many option of course (No Bose, no rear lumber seats, no center console, no wood grain wheel and lower HP motor and standard chrome 17" wheels 68k miles for $13k

I think I want the first one but I hear they are more expensive to fix? I am looking into a GMPP or FIDELITY WARRANTY
The GMPP is about $350 more expensive?

Thoughts or recommendations ?

bigsahad
03-21-13, 01:39 AM
Great car my man fast, luxurious all the toys mine is red its a eye catcher foreal .I'm always gettin compliments from both men and women they can't believe its a 06. Purchased at 13900 with only 49000 miles one owner. Make sure you get the flop protection plan u can go straight to the caddi dealer 100 deductible sweet good luck with ur decision

----------

I'm sorry typo gmpp protection plan ...great warranty

Superjim
03-21-13, 08:58 AM
I' m very close at buying a DTS
My first choice is a Blue Performance series with 65k for $14k loaded except for navigation

Or

A 06 DTS luxury 2 model not as many option of course (No Bose, no rear lumber seats, no center console, no wood grain wheel and lower HP motor and standard chrome 17" wheels 68k miles for $13k

I think I want the first one but I hear they are more expensive to fix? I am looking into a GMPP or FIDELITY WARRANTY
The GMPP is about $350 more expensive?

Thoughts or recommendations ?

"IF" you can get the GMPP... (which I doubt)... go with the Performance Model...
You will love it...

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-21-13, 02:26 PM
Basco, it's great that you're considering a DTS! I see you're already receiving feedback from the forum, and I wanted to let you know I'm available to investigate if you have any questions along the way. Don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you'd like me to provide you with a build sheet or research car questions further!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Vitaqueen
03-21-13, 11:24 PM
It doesn't matter. I have a regular one with everything but a sunroof and I just love it. You will too!

Basco
03-22-13, 12:48 AM
"IF" you can get the GMPP... (which I doubt)... go with the Performance Model...
You will love it...

Why do u doubt that I can get a GMPP warranty?

Superjim
03-22-13, 01:17 AM
Why do u doubt that I can get a GMPP warranty?

Sorry... my bad...
You didn't say what year model the Performance Model was...
I ASSUMED it was also a 2006...
Most of the time... once the FACTORY warranty runs out, you can not get the GMPP...

Basco
03-22-13, 01:38 AM
Sorry... my bad...
You didn't say what year model the Performance Model was...
I ASSUMED it was also a 2006...
Most of the time... once the FACTORY warranty runs out, you can not get the GMPP...

Yes both are 2006 the GMPP can be added to any GM car that has less then 100k miles
The price does go up fast the more miles that are on the car

----------

I'm not sure where you heard that but you can add a GMPP warranty to a GM car with less then 100k miles
It just costs more when the miles are higher

Superjim
03-22-13, 02:17 AM
Yes both are 2006 the GMPP can be added to any GM car that has less then 100k miles
The price does go up fast the more miles that are on the car

----------

I'm not sure where you heard that but you can add a GMPP warranty to a GM car with less then 100k miles
It just costs more when the miles are higher

My mistake....
When I put it on my 2006, several years ago, you had to do it before the factory warranty ran out.
Evidently they have changed the rules since then...
I would hesitate to get one if I couldn't get a warranty on it...

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-23-13, 12:54 PM
Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts about the DTS, Vitaqueen! We greatly appreciate the time you took out of your busy day to share this with us. Please, don’t hesitate to contact us in the future with comments, questions and/or concerns. We love to help where we can.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service assisting Katie

hornduo
03-24-13, 01:40 PM
I wish everyday that I had bought a Performance model. I have an 06 Lux II and its great, but the Performance model would have been a better choice for someone who drives like I do!

ral1960
03-25-13, 01:10 AM
I'm surprised the DTS will fit on Italian roads, but I guess they have newer roads than the quaint ancient streets featured in the movies.

I studied the Cadillac Certified Warranty, which unlike the GMPP has no deductible, but neither covers the Magnaride struts or headlight bulbs, both of which are expensive to replace, for different reasons.

hornduo
03-28-13, 10:30 PM
When I bought my 06 it was a CPO and only 2 years old. They replaced my headlight bulbs for free. My car doesn't have the magnarides which is one of its biggest problems.

I can't say enough how much I wish I had bought the performance model. It seems minor, but the suspension is a huge, huge upgrade. The extra HP won't hurt you either!