: Crestview Cadillac - Outstanding Service!!!

2008stsN*
03-20-13, 10:22 PM
I went to the dealership to have several items repaired this morning. The dealership clearly exceeded my expectations:

1. Heated Steering Wheel - not working
2. Keyless entry works intermittently (at best) both drivers and passenger side
3. Ticking noise from the passenger side – pesky purge valve?

It’s rather interesting the heated steering wheel and keyless entry stopped working all around the same time.

All three items were covered under CPO. Heated Steering Wheel (in-stock – no joke!), Purge valve replaced, both door handles replaced after $100 deductible - Dealer wanted ~ $293 per handle, including paint. I contacted Cadillac Customer Service to inquire whether the keyless entry/door handle would be covered under CPO. Customer Service advised it was not, since the door handle is considered trim, but they called the dealer and worked out the difference provided I agreed to pay the $100. OK, deal!

Oh, dealer found and replaced a worn front hub (thanks again CPO) and I paid for rear brakes, a 4-wheel alignment, and they cleaned the throttle body and reset the idle. Finally, CPO paid for the rental car…

All of this work was completed in less than a day. I wish all of my dealership visits were this smooth…

EChas3
03-21-13, 12:34 AM
CPO is an extension of the OEM warranty. Of course it covers entry issues. Anyone that told you different is blowing something (smoke up your kilt?) I agree that $100 is a pittance. Throttle body cleaning is a good value. These cars hold wheel alignment well, so that was probably more an investment in peace-of-mind.

I'm glad to hear of your satisfaction. I've found most dealers want that.

Did they wash your car?

fly187
03-21-13, 05:39 PM
I just pulled my throttle body off last week. 102k and that bitch was spotless. Looked up into the intake. Spotless. I was like, DDDDDAAAAAAmmmmmnnnnnn!

carter's_sts
03-22-13, 03:00 AM
That's amazingly fast work. I guarantee my dealer would have take 2-3 days for that same stuff. But, yeah with a CPO, your entry issues should have been covered. You don't have a GMPP instead do you?

I went to the dealership to have several items repaired this morning. The dealership clearly exceeded my expectations:

1. Heated Steering Wheel - not working
2. Keyless entry works intermittently (at best) both drivers and passenger side
3. Ticking noise from the passenger side – pesky purge valve?

All of this work was completed in less than a day. I wish all of my dealership visits were this smooth…

2008stsN*
03-23-13, 09:41 AM
When I bought the car, it had the remaining factory four year warranty then CPO kicks in for another two. When I called Cadillace Customer Serivce, they advised the keyless entry would not be covered directly as door handles are considered trim components. After talking about that for a little while, they offered to pick up the entire cost provided I was willing to pay a $100 toward the repaid. Again, in the grand scheme, each door handles was going to be $293 (parts and paint). $100 seemed fair. Cadillac Customer Service called back the next day to see how satisfied I was with the repairs...again, great customer service!

Yes, dealership washed the car too!