: Intermittent Poor Sound Quality (2000 STS)

ElDawgg 2G
01-06-05, 05:22 PM
Hello...I have an intermittent problem with the sound quality from the left front speaker.
(It sounds like there is a faulty connection). It is sometimes corrected after re-starting
...whether the radio is on or off when the car is started does not make a difference.
(...forgot to mention that the sound quality from this speaker is excellent when it works properly!
There has been a code IRC 1016 and 1064.
Any ideas?

UTEP Miner
01-10-05, 12:01 AM
:banghead: I've got the exact same problem from the exact same speaker in my 1999 Bose equipped STS and it's got me baffled! I'm not sure wheter to focus on the speaker or the amp. Prudance says focus on the speaker first. Therefore can any one please tell me to remove a speaker from the front door panel so that I may test the affected side? Thanks in advance for any valuable advice.:cheers:

ElDawgg 2G
01-10-05, 10:06 PM
Hello...I'm betting on the amp...this can happen to the bose speaker
(do a search and read about the bose system). There are several places that can repair the unit (or new one).
Yours is the door speaker?
Mine is the dash speaker. I ran a search here and learned how to remove my dash...dunno about the door.
I'm not gonna do anything till spring/summer.
Let us know what you do.
Good Luck

UTEP Miner
01-18-05, 08:21 PM
My "muffled" sound is coming from the door speaker. Because of the inconsistant nature of sound quality, I also am leaning towards the amp. However I am rather hesitant to repair or replace an amp which may not be in need of repair. Any tips in how to pin point the problem?

ElDawgg 2G
01-19-05, 05:59 PM
Hello...
The speaker/amp must be examined- each speaker has its own amp...
(don't know how I'm gonna do this yet!).
If it tests as "good", then I'll know the problem lies elsewhere.

I'll keep researching and post what I find...and work on a plan of action.
Let us know what you decide to do.